Next season question

Need at least one, another Bam Bam please!
Bam Bam was great --but I'd take 2 of young Shea's.
Who is the leader? Does it all fall to CD?
Danger, initially, will be the leader. CW, whom I believe is a real leader, may still defer to Danger and Megan, I hope not. Deference this past season hurt Uconn. Everyone needs to see the opening and opportunities to score and DO IT. I think Aubrey, CW, Megan can attack and score in flowing games.

The beauty of the Geno offense is for each player to assess the defense and take advantage of what they give you. Geno, historically, rarely depended on "SET PLAYS". That ability to view the floor and make judgements takes special playesr like Danger, CW, Megan believe it they are special.

In ONO, UConn will have a very good starting center, which has not been the case for several years; and, all the teams that they will likely face in the NCAAA's next year will have lost their dominant centers.

I think Bartouly will be an effective power forward. I don't think that she would have decided to stay with the team if she did not believe that is in the cards. And the UConn coaching staff, in stating that they wanted her back, concur.

Lou said that Christyn will be unstoppable next year, Both she and Walker have demonstrated how dominant they can be in some games. This year, they naturally player second fiddle . Next year they will have to be the big-scoring pair. They both have the talent for continuing improvement- a lot of improvement.

Danger will be an even better version of herself.

All of them are going to work like crazy in the off-season. Think how much Walker and Danger improved themselves last summer.

I think we will also see a much improved and more confident Coombs . She also has the athletic ability for growth.

Molly and Kyle were not blessed with the same God-given athleticism. But, they are both very smart players . They both got better, and, hopefully, with more playing time, and confidence, will settle into roles where that can provide minutes against most teams to allow the starters to rest. They already demonstrated that, at times, this past season,

Aubrey, at least by the end of the season, will be a very valuable player.

This team could still use more height (and prayers that Geno will pull a rabbit out of the hat)- But it is a team with no inherent weaknesses. It has height, scoring from multiple positions, some bench, and a fantastic point guard.

Most of the other op teams lost both their dominant centers and point guards.

Finally, UConn has been relieved of the burden of expectations that they go undefeated during the season and win the Championship.

I am really looking forward to next year.

I would like to see Sidney Cooks come in and get one of those miracle waivers
If Cooks does end up at UConn and gets a waiver, she would have a chance to earn a starting role for sure. Her shooting and rebounding would be just want UConn needs at the four spot, it would also be nice to see UConn go 6’4 and 6’4 inside, I’m still not super confident in Walker doing a lot of ball handling as a small forward, but she sill has the summer to tighten that up.

In ONO, UConn will have a very good starting center, which has not been the case for several years; and, all the teams that they will likely face in the NCAAA's next year will have lost their dominant centers.

I think Bartouly will be an effective power forward. I don't think that she would have decided to stay with the team if she did not believe that is in the cards. And the UConn coaching staff, in stating that they wanted her back, concur.

Lou said that Christyn will be unstoppable next year, Both she and Walker have demonstrated how dominant they can be in some games. This year, they naturally player second fiddle . Next year they will have to be the big-scoring pair. They both have the talent for continuing improvement- a lot of improvement.

Danger will be an even better version of herself.

All of them are going to work like crazy in the off-season. Think how much Walker and Danger improved themselves last summer.

I think we will also see a much improved and more confident Coombs . She also has the athletic ability for growth.

Molly and Kyle were not blessed with the same God-given athleticism. But, they are both very smart players . They both got better, and, hopefully, with more playing time, and confidence, will settle into roles where that can provide minutes against most teams to allow the starters to rest. They already demonstrated that, at times, this past season,

Aubrey, at least by the end of the season, will be a very valuable player.

This team could still use more height (and prayers that Geno will pull a rabbit out of the hat)- But it is a team with no inherent weaknesses. It has height, scoring from multiple positions, some bench, and a fantastic point guard.

Most of the other op teams lost both their dominant centers and point guards.

Finally, UConn has been relieved of the burden of expectations that they go undefeated during the season and win the Championship.

I am really looking forward to next year.
I agree with all but 2 items: If Molly and Irwin have not shown they can play at Div 1 by now it is difficult to believe they will as non playing Seniors.
The burden of Expectations on a Geno team, no matter how bad the off year, is always FF. The expectations remain with this team it is the burden all Uconn teams have. The only difference is : Some meet expectations some don't.

I agree with all but 2 items: If Molly and Irwin have not shown they can play at Div 1 by now it is difficult to believe they will as non playing Seniors.
The burden of Expectations on a Geno team, no matter how bad the off year, is always FF. The expectations remain with this team it is the burden all Uconn teams have. The only difference is : Some meet expectations some don't.
Kyla started and played commendably last season (for Megan). She is a D1 player, maybe not good enough for many here... but I think our expectations are unrealistic at times.