Next Season Line Ups | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next Season Line Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think you are referring to Ekmark in your comments, but Lou is far quicker and more athletic, has a better handle, and is about 4 inches taller. You'll be surprised by her offensive versatility. She's not a spot-up shooter.
I think you mean she's not JUST a spot-up shooter. She definitely is a spot-up shooter and a great one at that. BUT, yes I agree, she's a lot more than that.

Reaction Score
Anyway the NCAA would allow us to enter two teams in the tourney?
What about one in the NCAA and the other in the NIT? There was a precedent set back in the 40's or 50's where a men's team played in both. They were knocked out in the first round of one and were allowed to enter the other tournament. I don't know the order or the team but maybe some of you legal types can use that as a precedent. :)

p.s. I think they won the second tournament they entered.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To piggy back on Farney's thoughts imagine this... if we assume starters of:

Jefferson, Nurse, Tuck, Stewart and Butler...

we'd have a bench that looks like this:

Chong, Williams, Collier, Boykin, Samuelson and Ekmark.

Now the challenge is you'd have to play those 5 core players for 40 minutes so i guess you'd have to add one of the walk ons to each team, but either way I'd like the chances of the top team to go deep into the tourney. Having said that... We have seen this year a lineup of Chong, Williams, Ekmark, Stokes and 1 other starter completely struggle against teams like ECU or Tulsa (I forget which) - I think Geno put in the 4 reserves for about a 10 minute stretch and our offense ground to a halt.

I was talking with Tony last night and while not looking too far ahead, I think next year's team will be even better than this year's team. Think about it - we lose KML and Stokes - 2 huge players in different ways, but everyone else gets a year to be better, and Ek, Gabby and Kia all will hopefully experience the sophomore leap.

Add in Butler who will have a whole year under her belt with UCONN, and the 3 terrific freshmen (I fully expect Collier and Samuelson to impact and be just as good as Nurse and Williams), and I think next year should be a fantastic season. It will be even more exciting (to many I'm sure) as teams like SC will have even more experience and Tennessee will have no excuses left as they will add Deshields, Russell, Cooper and Jackson, and hopefully a fully healthy Tucker. Texas should be even better and L'ville continues to add quality players. UCLA and Ohio State will also have super sophomores now, and ND just continues to be really really good.

It will be interesting to see how much, if any, gap exists between UCONN and everyone else, and how much parity exists between teams in the top 10 (by that I mean will it be UCONN, SC, ND and then huge gap and everyone else?)... going to be fun! BUT I'm still thrilled and focused on this season! Time for Ten!!!

Reaction Score
To JoePgh and the rest of the Natalie doubters, you will pulling your foot out of your mouth. You don't have a clue as to how talented Natalie is. She has already done more in her freshman year at Georgetown than Kiah did in her first three years at UConn. I am extremely happy to see Kiah moving towards what she can be, a game changer. However, Natalie will prove to be a much better center in the three years she'll play at UConn. There will be no waiting for her to play to her potential. She's already done that as a freshman and will continue to improve. She will be one of UConn's greatest centers.

Reaction Score
Yes, Katie Lou can handle the ball; however, if either Moriah or Kia are in the game, they will be the one to advance the ball. If pressed, they can always pass off to Lou.

Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how the threes will come next year. Jefferson, v. good; nurse, pretty good; Stewart, ok, inconsistent; Chong, eh?( I think she may get the short straw, if any one or two freshman play well); tuck, ? I'm looking forward to the rest of this year and improved chemistry, but still can't help looking ahead as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how the threes will come next year. Jefferson, v. good; nurse, pretty good; Stewart, ok, inconsistent; Chong, eh?( I think she may get the short straw, if any one or two freshman play well); tuck, ? I'm looking forward to the rest of this year and improved chemistry, but still can't help looking ahead as well.
Just for edification...

UCONN is #2 in the nation in 3 point FG %. That's uncharted waters for a UCONN team. For 3 point FG%...

Moriah Jefferson leads the entire nation at 52%.
KML is second at 50.2%
Nurse is 8th at 47.4%

Those are staggering stats - to have 3 kids in the top 10 in 3 point FG% - just wow...

So I would say Jefferson, KML and Nurse are absolutely sensational.

Stewie and Chong have the identical % at 37.2. Anything over 33% is solid. Not spectacular but solid.

Tuck is just abysmal at 18.8%. As Geno would say, that's really really bad. Stick to playing around the hoop, Morgan, and work on your 3 point shot over the summer...

Oh, and for next year - KLS shoots it about as well as KML. And IIRC, Collier shoots it better than Stewie. I think the 3 point shot is going to be really good next year for UCONN...

Reaction Score
Just for edification...

UCONN is #2 in the nation in 3 point FG %. That's uncharted waters for a UCONN team. For 3 point FG%...

Moriah Jefferson leads the entire nation at 52%.
KML is second at 50.2%
Nurse is 8th at 47.4%

Those are staggering stats - to have 3 kids in the top 10 in 3 point FG% - just wow...

So I would say Jefferson, KML and Nurse are absolutely sensational.

Stewie and Chong have the identical % at 37.2. Anything over 33% is solid. Not spectacular but solid.

Tuck is just abysmal at 18.8%. As Geno would say, that's really really bad. Stick to playing around the hoop, Morgan, and work on your 3 point shot over the summer...

Oh, and for next year - KLS shoots it about as well as KML. And IIRC, Collier shoots it better than Stewie. I think the 3 point shot is going to be really good next year for UCONN...

What a run we're having from title two years to undefeated last year winning by double-digits to this team steamrolling right now.

Just a correction ---- Stewie and Chong are shooting 32.7% from 3.

Secondly, why not have Tuck shoot 3's? She is averaging just two 3's a game. We're annihilating teams - so why not give her the experience of shooting 3's in games. Maybe from this point or any point from now forward her 3pt shooting goes up (lol it can't go down! Sadly it could!) - then it could be a springboard for improvement for next year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a run we're having from title two years to undefeated last year winning by double-digits to this team steamrolling right now.

Just a correction ---- Stewie and Chong are shooting 32.7% from 3.

Secondly, why not have Tuck shoot 3's? She is averaging just two 3's a game. We're annihilating teams - so why not give her the experience of shooting 3's in games. Maybe from this point or any point from now forward her 3pt shooting goes up (lol it can't go down! Sadly it could!) - then it could be a springboard for improvement for next year.
LOL seriously? Too funny... I swear I don't have dyslexia, but it's VERY common for me to transpose numbers. you should see me trying to write down a phone number from somewhere else - i often get 2 numbers transposed. Good luck trying to call them at that point LOL!

And of course you are correct on Tuck - if Geno wanted her to stop taking them she would. It was merely an observation that her 3 point % is bad. Her shot is way too flat too. Needs some arc under it...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
LOL seriously? Too funny... I swear I don't have dyslexia, but it's VERY common for me to transpose numbers. you should see me trying to write down a phone number from somewhere else - i often get 2 numbers transposed. Good luck trying to call them at that point LOL!

And of course you are correct on Tuck - if Geno wanted her to stop taking them she would. It was merely an observation that her 3 point % is bad. Her shot is way too flat too. Needs some arc under it...
Not to mention that you completely omitted the other 50% 3-pt shooter on the team. She's not just the swatting Kiahnator, she's Sweet 3 Kiah.

Reaction Score
What about Chong next year. When she is in the game now, she seems to handle the ball well and is the point guard. She appears to be very active and opportunistic with steals and rebounds. Her defense looks better than earlier in the year. It's just that the scoring isn't there yet?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To JoePgh and the rest of the Natalie doubters, you will pulling your foot out of your mouth. You don't have a clue as to how talented Natalie is. She has already done more in her freshman year at Georgetown than Kiah did in her first three years at UConn. I am extremely happy to see Kiah moving towards what she can be, a game changer. However, Natalie will prove to be a much better center in the three years she'll play at UConn. There will be no waiting for her to play to her potential. She's already done that as a freshman and will continue to improve. She will be one of UConn's greatest centers.
I think, I hope, Butler will do well for UCONN and I agree she has already proven herself at the Div 1 level. However, let's not get too carried away. UCONN has had some great centers. To be one of UCONN's "greatest centers", Butler would not only have to be an AA, but also a NPOY, USA NT player. That's a lot to put on her.

I mean, if she can make that, that would be great (more than great, unbelievable), but I don't expect that much out of her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think, I hope, Butler will do well for UCONN and I agree she has already proven herself at the Div 1 level. However, let's not get too carried away. UCONN has had some great centers. To be one of UCONN's "greatest centers", Butler would not only have to be an AA, but also a NPOY, USA NT player. That's a lot to put on her.

I mean, if she can make that, that would be great (more than great, unbelievable), but I don't expect that much out of her.

Oh, wait, before some newbie gets the credit for this: I know the solution Meyer. We have Cox start, not Butler! Oh, wait, she's 2016! Oh, wait, she hasn't verbaled to anyone! Guess I got indoctrinated last week. Sorry. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom