Next Season’s Roster | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Next Season’s Roster

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We’ve started two PG’s before with great success. It could happen next year

It won't be happening next year. If Cole is back, neither Gaff nor Diggins are going to be better than the options we will have at SG (Hawkins). If Cole isn't back, the problem is ensuring that we have even one quality starting PG. I am hopeful that Diggins steps up. Gaff has had 3 years and he's a serviceable combo guard.

We have a lot of young guys on the bench right now.
Johnson has the most obvious path to playing time with Whaley moving on. I think he will play more than Clingan.
Hawkins has a clear path to the SG spot assuming Martin doesn't return. Floyd should be his backup.
Jackson should be the starting SF with Karaban as the backup there. Polley leaving adds some minutes for Karaban even as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I think Karaban is playing alot. He can shoot and bullies smaller players that switch onto him. This guy is only going to get stronger. Big upside.
Easy tiger! Cbb is whole different animal but he will be very good ball player once he adjusts to the next level. He does have a very good bb IQ.

Reaction Score
Hurley has previously said, "he (Clingan) should have an immediate impact on our frontcourt at both ends."

That doesn't scream red shirt to me.

Hurley says a lot of things that have no meaning at all. He said the same thing about Corey and he was clearly a redshirt candidate from the second he decided to come a year early. Donovan's skill level and athleticism is just very suspect at this stage

Because Whaley is leaving, we may not be able to redshirt him even if we wanted to. Ultimately, 7'2 270lbs is 7'2 270lbs and that gives you a humongous handicap on the court compared to most players. If he's ready to play, I'm sure he will.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I dont understand what some of the people on here are smoking because you dont bring in a top 30 player to not contribute his first season. I fully expect DC to make an impact early on and get heavy minutes by January. Backing up Sanogo would be awesome. Have the beast destroying and then bring in a 7 foot 250lbs high skilled big? Thats a problem for any team to contend with.
Yeah. Of course he’s playing. Isn’t he the number three center in the country ? you telling me he’s not getting at least 20 minutes a game? Cmon. He’s 7-1

Reaction Score
Yeah. Of course he’s playing. Isn’t he the number three center in the country ? you telling me he’s not getting at least 20 minutes a game? Cmon. He’s 7-1

He is the #10 ranked center in his class. Composite #43.

The #3 center in the 2021 class is Nate Bittle. He is averaging 6 minutes per game.

Other centers in the 30-50 range...

#29 Enoch Boakye - 12 MPG
#32 Efton Reid - 21 MPG
#33 Charles Bediako - 18 MPG
#47 Jonas Aidoo - 2 MPG (2 games played)
#52 Kaden Perry - 6 MPG

I would do a little bit of research before you make these claims. He is neither the 3rd ranked center in his class, nor do most players at his ranking earn substantial minutes as freshmen. Bigs develop slower than guards. Clearly, it's not even close to a given that a 4* center is going to get minutes. Outside of the top 10, hardly any are.

We also have a history of bringing along even the most talented freshmen slowly.

That doesn't even account for the fact that Donovan is most likely going to be playing behind Sanogo, who should be earning 30 MPG. If Samson Johnson and Akok play 0 minutes at the 5, that still only leaves 10 MPG for Clingan. Where are these 20 minutes coming from?

Reaction Score
He is the #10 ranked center in his class. Composite #43.

The #3 center in the 2021 class is Nate Bittle. He is averaging 6 minutes per game.

Other centers in the 30-50 range...

#29 Enoch Boakye - 12 MPG
#32 Efton Reid - 21 MPG
#33 Charles Bediako - 18 MPG
#47 Jonas Aidoo - 2 MPG (2 games played)
#52 Kaden Perry - 6 MPG

I would do a little bit of research before you make these claims. He is neither the 3rd ranked center in his class, nor do most players at his ranking earn substantial minutes as freshmen. Bigs develop slower than guards. Clearly, it's not even close to a given that a 4* center is going to get minutes. Outside of the top 10, hardly any are.

We also have a history of bringing along even the most talented freshmen slowly.

That doesn't even account for the fact that Donovan is most likely going to be playing behind Sanogo, who should be earning 30 MPG. If Samson Johnson and Akok play 0 minutes at the 5, that still only leaves 10 MPG for Clingan. Where are these 20 minutes coming from?
Wait, we can't play Sanogo and Clingan together??

Reaction Score
Among other things, his ability to execute Hurley’s defense is highly doubtful. I remain curious how Hurley adjusts because I’m not sure Clingan can ever hard hedge. Sanogo lost 50 pounds to get quicker and is barely capable of it.
Did Sanogo really lose that much weight? Was he really up near 3 bills at one point?

Reaction Score
Hurley has previously said, "he (Clingan) should have an immediate impact on our frontcourt at both ends."

That doesn't scream red shirt to me.
Clingan imo will play next year, how many minutes he will see is to be determined? He would be the optimal sub for the 5 spot with Sanogo, Springs while he learns. Then the others like Akok, Johnson can play their natural positions at the 4. He just needs to condition himself to the college game and that will take some time for a big like him.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
Wait, we can't play Sanogo and Clingan together??
7FFF4048-3F36-4C87-B473-826F42D4BCB0.jpeg

(/s)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom