Next Season’s Roster | The Boneyard

Next Season’s Roster

Reaction Score
Which of our senior players have any eligibility for next year and what is the likelihood if they do for Cole, Martin, and Whaley? Just trying to see what it’s likely to look like with the new talent coming. Can someone take an educated guess?

Reaction Score
If I understand it correctly Whaley and Polley are the only players who will be out of eligibility. That said I'd be surprised if any of our seniors returned

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Cole will almost certainly be back, Sanogo will need another year, Martin is the question if he can make money playing basketball he may leave. Cole, Hawkins, Martin, Jackson, Sanogo would be the most experienced starting lineup in the conference.

Reaction Score
Who knows but I imagine Diggins expects to be starting PG next year and then Castle coming the following year. I love Cole but let's see how this season plays out.

Reaction Score
have to imagine that the volume of returners will depend on our outcome this season. if we manage to win the big east tournament and a couple ncaa tournament games, i imagine everyone leaves. remember: cole has already been in school for 5 years counting his red-shirt. next year would be his 6th.

Reaction Score
have to imagine that the volume of returners will depend on our outcome this season. if we manage to win the big east tournament and a couple ncaa tournament games, i imagine everyone leaves. remember: cole has already been in school for 5 years counting his red-shirt. next year would be his 6th.
PITT used to have players so old they got colonoscopies as part of their physical.

Reaction Score
unless something changes with our usage of Diggins, I think Cole comes back and both he and Diggins go two-headed monster.

While I’d love for Martin to stay, I wonder if it’s better for program/recruitment to have Hawkins and Jackson and Alex K. step forward more

Reaction Score
I believe the extra year was only a 1 time thing because caronavirus canceled the tournaments, I’m I wrong on that?

Reaction Score
unless something changes with our usage of Diggins, I think Cole comes back and both he and Diggins go two-headed monster.

While I’d love for Martin to stay, I wonder if it’s better for program/recruitment to have Hawkins and Jackson and Alex K. step forward more
What do you think we get from Alex K? Let’s not forget our new 5!

Reaction Score
Next 2 cupcake games are incredibly important to try to work Diggins into the rotation and see if he can be a factor for WVU, Bonnies and BE grind. I would also give Hawkins some extra time bringing the ball up in those games just to get his ballhandling confidence back. Gaffney cannot break a press or run efficient offense so the staff will need to get creative. Cole's conditioning isn't like some of our past guards that could go 40+ and get stronger as the game went on. 2 more chances to tinker and find something that works before you ruin your seeding with a 3 game losing streak.

Reaction Score
If Sanogo returns, our front court is Sanogo, Clinigan, Akok, Samson, and Springs. All 5 will be expecting minutes, maybe not Springs.

Reaction Score
Which of our senior players have any eligibility for next year and what is the likelihood if they do for Cole, Martin, and Whaley? Just trying to see what it’s likely to look like with the new talent coming. Can someone take an educated guess?
Sounds like we are mostly talking about Cole and Martin. Who knows. Flip of a coin. One stays. One leaves.

Reaction Score
I believe the extra year was only a 1 time thing because caronavirus canceled the tournaments, I’m I wrong on that?
Yes and no. It only applies to players on last year's roster but it will go on for the next 3 years theoretically

Reaction Score
Clingan is going to have to use his freshman year to get stronger and get used to the speed of the college game. He knows this and has said this in multiple interviews. He does not expect to play major minutes.
Does this sound like a bench player? Clingan from his coach:

“I just think, to me, and I could be a little biased, he’s the best true center in the class," Chatman said. "Unfortunately, because the game is played from the outside in now, it’s more of a wing and guard-oriented game. Everybody wants to shoot a three and everybody wants to characterize stretch fours and stretch fives. This is a kid that can make a three. When you’re talking about back to the basket, again, I don’t think there’s anybody else in the class (better). We play pretty much everyone in the country at this point with a top-5, top-10 center. Nobody has the skill set that he does. He’s an elite passer, not just a good passer, an elite passer. His hands are probably up there with some of the best hands that I’ve ever coached in terms of getting balls in and out of his area. Whether it’s a rebound or an errant pass.”

"I would say the most improvement he’s made to his game is just his strength and athleticism over the last year. He was growing at such a fast rate that he was trying to catch up to his body. Now, he’s caught up to his body and it definitely shows in his game."

Reaction Score
I believe every player got an extra year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Does this sound like a bench player? Clingan from his coach:

“I just think, to me, and I could be a little biased, he’s the best true center in the class," Chatman said. "Unfortunately, because the game is played from the outside in now, it’s more of a wing and guard-oriented game. Everybody wants to shoot a three and everybody wants to characterize stretch fours and stretch fives. This is a kid that can make a three. When you’re talking about back to the basket, again, I don’t think there’s anybody else in the class (better). We play pretty much everyone in the country at this point with a top-5, top-10 center. Nobody has the skill set that he does. He’s an elite passer, not just a good passer, an elite passer. His hands are probably up there with some of the best hands that I’ve ever coached in terms of getting balls in and out of his area. Whether it’s a rebound or an errant pass.”

"I would say the most improvement he’s made to his game is just his strength and athleticism over the last year. He was growing at such a fast rate that he was trying to catch up to his body. Now, he’s caught up to his body and it definitely shows in his game."
Yeah. I dont understand what some of the people on here are smoking because you dont bring in a top 30 player to not contribute his first season. I fully expect DC to make an impact early on and get heavy minutes by January. Backing up Sanogo would be awesome. Have the beast destroying and then bring in a 7 foot 250lbs high skilled big? Thats a problem for any team to contend with.

Reaction Score
This year is only setting the foundation for next years final 4 run. If Martin doesn’t come back we could use a grad transfer somewhere

Cole, Diggins
Hawk, Gaff
Jackson, Karaban
Akok, Johnson
Sanogo, Clingan

B- Floyd, Springs

Reaction Score

I believe every player got an extra year of eligibility.

Because of the scheduling restraints (cancelled games, no one really playing a full schedule, etc) last year didn't count towards your 4 years of eligibility. It was basically a free year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom