Newton is coming back! | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Newton is coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Post in thread 'AP Poll - Week 4'
AP Poll - Week 4
You failed the assignment. "At this time last year" isnt 8-0 on November 28th. Also who the heck didnt think we`d cut the nets down after that start we had? I was on YT telling people this was the best team in the country and that if they showed like this in March they were 20 points better than any other team. I especially remember going at it with some Purdue fan who thought i was crazy saying our backcourt would eat their freshmen backcourt for breakfast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That is not predicting an NC, plus you were riding the wave that everyone else was.
Nobody predicts a NC because it requires a lot of luck. I knew we were elite 8 good and that’s all you can project really.

Reaction Score
Didn’t say national championship but I said it had a 2011 feel to it which I’m going to take credit for as saying an NC. :cool:

Post in thread 'AJax in 2022-23'
AJax in 2022-23
Your statement is very vague and you didnt explicitly say you thought we win the title so you also failed the assignment. Your evidence is flimsy at best. Btw this tongue and cheek so dont take it too seriously. But here you go F!
Edit: You said "i absolutely did" predict a national title. Nothing absolute in your comment. Lol Cmon man!!!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Nobody predicts a NC because it requires a lot of luck. I knew we were elite 8 good and that’s all you can project really.
Stop moving the goalposts.

This was the original statement: "Find me one person that thought we were a national title contender at this time last year"

Your post from week 4 of the regular season does not meet this criteria.

Reaction Score
i was watching the entire g league combine, not the most athletic but he ran a team of potential pros.

Reaction Score
Tristen, and his family, appreciate how he has developed at UConn and trust the staff to keep it going. Tristen and Dan really did meet for a looong time before his decision was final to go through the expectations on both sides for next season.

Tristen was absolutely essential to the championship, but he has a chance to make this season’s team “his” in a way that it wasn’t last season, with Dre and Adama and Jordan. I‘m excited to see him rise to the challenge.

Reaction Score
I applaud Tristen for wanting to put in the work to improve and get better and he should want to do that. But I think he from February - April he was played very well and was a big reason why UConn won the National Championship.
I actually think this is probably due to some of the criticisim he got from pro scouts and directors when he was assessing his NBA future. Good thing he leaarned what he needs to work on. It is a win-win for UCONN and him. He will be a better player next year and that can only help his future professional chances whether domestically or internationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom