Newton is coming back! | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Newton is coming back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bonding in Europe after summer session(s) prior to preseason will be huge for the development of this roster.. A shooter of Spencer's talent would dramatically affect the trajectory of this team's potential.. Second half of the year these guys will be killin' it.. OOC schedule prior to BE schedule will be Big Boy BB.. They'll be up to the challenge..

Forgot about Europe that is absolutely huge for chemistry thanks for the reminder. Also not a bad sell to Spencer huh.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
What's our ceiling for next year with Newton back? NC6? FF4? Elite 8? asking for takes from senior members with vast knowledge...
We’re DOOMED but since I can honestly say I probably have forgotten more about basketball than any of you know about basketball. I can say we are a sure fire bet to make the field of 64 or whatever the new number is.

Reaction Score
I think we can be a top-25 tournament team and make a lucky push for a S16 if we gel, but I don't see this as a championship-level season.
Find me one person that thought we were a national title contender at this time last year. You wont because there werent any and if you find someone claiming they did theyre lying. With 2 starters back, a CPOY big man and an impact freshmen the starting 5 will be among the best in the country. I absolutely love Newt playing at the 2 which is his more natural position. Our backcourt should be solid and among the best in the country. Our frontcourt has two guys (Clingan, Karaban) that are potential CPOYs and this team is a legit threat to repeat especially if they play defense like we did late in the season.

Reaction Score
Find me one person that thought we were a national title contender at this time last year. You wont because there werent any and if you find someone claiming they did theyre lying. With 2 starters back, a CPOY big man and an impact freshmen the starting 5 will be among the best in the country. I absolutely love Newt playing at the 2 which is his more natural position. Our backcourt should be solid and among the best in the country. Our frontcourt has two guys (Clingan, Karaban) that are potential CPOYs and this team is a legit threat to repeat especially if they play defense like we did late in the season.
I love Karaban but potential college player of the year?

Reaction Score
It is So Good for both Tristen & UConn that he's returning to stabilize the backcourt another year. Right now, he's simply NOT a pro-caliber player yet - especially his lack of strength & physicality. He was weak last year.

I hope that the day after the championship game that Tristen, Clingan, & Karaban were all chained to the weight room around the clock until the first game next autumn. Each needs to put on a solid, lasting 10 pounds each to reach their goals & keep UConn in the Top 20..

Tristen especially lacked 'Big East Guard' type of toughness & strength & struggled to finish his drives & fight over screens because of it.

Listen, it's the clang of those bench presses in da gym! Look at those UConn Animals!!!

Father Demo

Reaction Score
By coming back Newton has a chance to be named as a UConn GREAT guard along with Gordon, Kemba and 'Bazz.... Is he up to the challenge? Hoping so....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
By coming back Newton has a chance to be named as a UConn GREAT guard along with Gordon, Kemba and 'Bazz.... Is he up to the challenge? Hoping so....
This is an underrated aspect of his return. If he comes back and averages 15-18, leads us to another final four, he’s gonna be in some prestigious conversations. All you need is 2 great seasons to enter the conversation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Find me one person that thought we were a national title contender at this time last year.
1685701997549.jpeg

Reaction Score
The best thing about this move is that it is so unexpected given where everyone’s head was at last summer. He signed on thinking he would do one season, get himself some better basketball opportunities, and go pro- and there were options out there.

Tristen, and his family, appreciate how he has developed at UConn and trust the staff to keep it going. Tristen and Dan really did meet for a looong time before his decision was final to go through the expectations on both sides for next season.

Tristen was absolutely essential to the championship, but he has a chance to make this season’s team “his” in a way that it wasn’t last season, with Dre and Adama and Jordan. I‘m excited to see him rise to the challenge.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I did. I absolutely did.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Didn’t say national championship but I said it had a 2011 feel to it which I’m going to take credit for as saying an NC. :cool:

Post in thread 'AJax in 2022-23'
AJax in 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member