Newman-Stone Package Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Newman-Stone Package Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I loved Brimah as a recruit just based on his size and athleticsim and certainly really love him now, but in now way was he even in top 100 recruits when we got him and certainly not a five-star. He did however play like a five star last year and I'll sign up to have him at the post the next 3 years!

C

Chief00

It will be interesting to see if Brimah's shoulder recovers 100%. Quite frankly, shoulder surgery can be tricky in terms of arm mobility range. I don't know the details on the surgery if it was minor or major other than the old joke - minor surgery is when it's on someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Brimah's shoulder recovers 100%. Quite frankly, shoulder surgery can be tricky in terms of arm mobility range. I don't know the details on the surgery if it was minor or majority - other than the old joke - minor surgery is when it's on someone else.
Reports are that he is doing well. Good enough for me. KO is going to take good care of him.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Brimah's shoulder recovers 100%. Quite frankly, shoulder surgery can be tricky in terms of arm mobility range. I don't know the details on the surgery if it was minor or major other than the old joke - minor surgery is when it's on someone else.
Apparently he's already been scrimmaging, just keeping it, quite frankly, to minimal contact.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
There was line of logic being expressed that Samuel & Brimah would advance to equal (or surpass) Newman & Stone. That would be great. But it is not a guarantee. It is also assuming that Newman and Stone won't improve.
I say bring on the talent. Just make sure the players are team players. If Brimah develops like we hope, then we have 2 NBA caliber centers on our team. I don't see the problem.

C

Chief00

Brimah has not really put the shoulder to the test yet, as is appropriate at this time. He is still in the rehab process. I am not raising any red flags, other than shoulder surgery has a long rehab process with sometimes less than 100% results. He is said to be progressing on schedule and is in good spirits.

Reaction Score
I absolutely LOVE Brimah and Tsam. I think they are going to be really really good for the next 3 years and i believe Brimah will go on to be a pretty good pro. That being said i think we`re in a great spot when we`ve got two guys like that already here and there is a possibility of getting two kids the caliber of Stone and Newman. If we get them then thats absolutely awesome and potentially makes us downright scary! If we dont get them then we likely get two other guys who are pretty darn talented and we still got Brimah and Tsam so we`re still in great shape.

Im not big on recruiting because we`ve beaten UK`s mighty freshmen twice already for national titles in `11 with a freshmen class that wasnt even ranked and this season without a single mcd`s all american while uk had like a combined 12 between those two teams. when it comes to getting to the final four ive figured out that if your there you have talent and are capable of playing with anybody. At that point it comes down to coaching. i truly believe that.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Coaching is important, no doubt. But there is also a lot to be said about for the team building that comes about from less heralded players fighting the good fight to become better as a team together and building cooperation and trust over a period of years. The one and done programs will never have that. I trust Coach Ollie to bring in players who are talented, but they will also be players with the mindset to work together and be willing to sacrifice personal glory for the good of the team.
I'm not saying that Stone and Newman can't be that type of player, I really don't know much about their personal character. But I trust that Coach Ollie will do due diligence and find the right players for the UConn program...ten toes in!
It does disgust me that so many who post on this site want to run Turtle out of town on a rail because his ranking has dropped this off season. His current, lower ranking is likely still above where TSam and AB were ranked & they are both Huskies to the core who contributed mightily to our championship run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom