2024 Recruiting: - Newcomer highlight: Tyler Betsey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Newcomer highlight: Tyler Betsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the eyes of most kids Duke and UK are the only a blue Bloods.

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Saw he got offered today by izzo

Reaction Score
On3 just moved him into 5 star territory in their latest rankings updates today. But if you go to their 2024 rankings it isn't updated yet. Probably some time today.

On3 updated its class of 2024 player rankings Monday, extending from 75 players out to 150. There was some significant movement throughout the entirety of the list. As usual, there were some players who rose and others who fell.

Here are 10 prospects that On3 is higher on than the industry standard.

Four-star SF Tyler Betsey

Tyler Betsey
Size: 6-8 / 175
School: Windsor (Conn.) St. Thomas Moore
Offers: Michigan State, Indiana, Alabama, UConn, Notre Dame, Providence, St. John’s, others

On3 Ranking: No. 19
247Sports: No. 68
ESPN: NR
Rivals: No. 58

Reaction Score
On3 just moved him into 5 star territory in their latest rankings updates today. But if you go to their 2024 rankings it isn't updated yet. Probably some time today.

On3 updated its class of 2024 player rankings Monday, extending from 75 players out to 150. There was some significant movement throughout the entirety of the list. As usual, there were some players who rose and others who fell.

Tyler Betsey
Offers: Michigan State, Indiana, Alabama, UConn, Notre Dame, Providence, St. John’s, others

This makes him a perfect recruit for us: ESPN: NR

Reaction Score

Tyler Betsey

Similar to the rise Gavin Griffiths had the summer before. From virtual unknown nationally to one of the top wings in the country. CT. doesn't produce a lot of high major players but they're kicking out some good ones lately. Word is Sean Miller is really high on Desmond Claude. The next CT. kid UConn is recruiting is Badara Diakite, originally from Mali like Sanogo and Singare. Here's a new Tyler Betsey video...

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Similar to the rise Gavin Griffiths had the summer before. From virtual unknown nationally to one of the top wings in the country. CT. doesn't produce a lot of high major players but they're kicking out some good ones lately. Word is Sean Miller is really high on Desmond Claude. The next CT. kid UConn is recruiting is Badara Diakite, originally from Mali like Sanogo and Singare. Here's a new Tyler Betsey video...

Good lord that video made me nauseous.

Reaction Score

Four-star SF Tyler Betsey​

Tyler Betsey

Reaction Score

Four-star SF Tyler Betsey​

Tyler Betsey

As Yogi Berra once said, it's like deja vu all over again. Scroll up a few posts. :)

Reaction Score
ℯ ℯ on Twitter: "From unranked to ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, 6’8” sniper Tyler Betsey’24 @TylerBetsey1 of @NYRhoops & @StThomasMoreBB has now earned an offer from the University of Memphis HC @Iam1Cent Tyler helped lead the Rens to the 16U Jam final, while shooting 40% from 3. #GTG https://post original url/DkEYunxFyK" / Twitter

Reaction Score

Backdoor cut<<

-> Betsey has made an unofficial visit to UConn, gone to a football game.

“They’ve been very gracious in hosting us,” his mother, Georgina Rush, said. “It’s definitely in the running. That program is very comprehensive academically, and obviously their basketball has all of the elements that Tyler would be looking for in a program in furthering his career in basketball.”

But UConn doesn’t have any inherent advantages in his recruitment.

“I didn’t grow up playing basketball, I’m not one of those kids that grew up with the ball in my hands, so, I don’t really have a dream school,” he said. “Right now, as far as my recruitment goes, every school is on the same ground. There’s no school that’s up here, down here. Everybody’s on the same ground. I’m hoping that new schools reach out, but there’s no school that’s really separating themselves right now.”

Is there a school he hasn’t heard from yet that he’d like to?

“Obviously, you want to hear from the blue bloods,” he said. “But it’s not like I’m stressing. It’s my junior year. I don’t really focus on schools all that much right now, I just focus on getting better at basketball.” <-

Maybe the first communication with kids we're recruiting should be the following: "NCAA Mens' Basketball Champions Since 1999", "basketball's blue bloods":

NCAA Men's Championships by School since 1999:
4 UConn
3 Duke, North Carolina
2 Florida, Kansas, Villanova
1 Baylor, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan St., Syracuse, Virginia

Reaction Score
Lol. Windsor kid didn’t watch hoops? Hard to believe. And, how did he end up at St Thomas Moore? Someone saw something.
Ken Smith, great coach but it's CIAC. A lot of good players have played for him but if they have high major D1 talent it's a much easier road playing prep amongst the best. Jere Quinn has coached a ton of high major kids over the years and they get the staffs looking at them constantly and they're playing against the best.

In terms of CT. public school ball Ken Smith has coached the most kids who play D1 ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom