New UConn Media Day coming today Oct 1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New UConn Media Day coming today Oct 1

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Good Geno quote about one side benefit of isolation from the college population

“One good thing that’s come out of this, these guys are so bored they have nothing to do, they are always in the gym," Auriemma said. "There’s this feeling about them like, ‘Please, don’t send me home. Let me stay and play in the playground, don’t send me home.’”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dump Tenn for a year. Or else reconfigure the MS event to include more games and more teams. And if Mohegan isn't officially counted as an MTE then an MTE around Christmas could make it all fit.

I seriously doubt that UConn will end up playing those 4 teams though. Too many things can complicate it. Now if the elite programs decide to risk their seeding by playing an 8 team MTE then three games will only count as one game.
Scheduling these teams and having the games played are two different things. This virus may just poke its head into these proceeding and muck up the works entirely. It seems to me the likelihood of one or more games being cancelled right now is 50-50.

Reaction Score
Scheduling these teams and having the games played are two different things. This virus may just poke its head into these proceeding and muck up the works entirely. It seems to me the likelihood of one or more games being cancelled right now is 50-50.

I also know that it's a possibility that the season could end abruptly but I post as if that is not going to happen. Why waste time worrying about what could happen. We have no control.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good Geno quote about one side benefit of isolation from the college population

“One good thing that’s come out of this, these guys are so bored they have nothing to do, they are always in the gym," Auriemma said. "There’s this feeling about them like, ‘Please, don’t send me home. Let me stay and play in the playground, don’t send me home.’”

[/QUOTE]

Boredom can make strange bedfellows. Sometimes that can be a good thing. :D

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here we go. The first of several videos I expect will be put up from Media Day at Storrs Central, Geno and Evina on the competitiveness of the class. What Evina says in her mother role is particularly interesting. Thanks so much Ian Bethune. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom