New UConn Media Day coming today Oct 1 | The Boneyard

New UConn Media Day coming today Oct 1

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
David Connelly reporting Media day and other goodies (Natalie Butler signs to play in Greece etc)

1601554796054.png

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

So this is a definite schedule? That is really big news. I like the fact that the most competitive part of the non-conference schedule appears to have been saved.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So this is a definite schedule? That is really big news. I like the fact that the most competitive part of the non-conference schedule appears to have been saved.

See post #11

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"

This is the news we've been waiting for, and great news it is. If UConn could only play a limited number of non conference games, these are the teams they wanted and needed to play (especially Baylor and South Carolina). Those 4 games and the top 3 BIG East teams are the measuring tool that this year's team can be judged by going into March.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Does this math work out?

The NCAA announced earlier that:

There are two scheduling options in DI women's basketball.​
  • 23 regular-season games and up to four additional games in one multi-team event.
  • 25 regular-season games without participating in a multi-team event.
With 20 Big East games on the schedule, that would leave the possibility of only 3 nonconference games plus the MTE (which, presumably, would include the two games at Mohegan). And even if Mohegan isn't officially counted as an MTE, it still puts UConn at 26 games, one over the limit.

So I'm not seeing how ND, Baylor, SC, and TN can all stay on the schedule in addition to the Mohegan event.

What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Does this math work out?

The NCAA announced earlier that:

There are two scheduling options in DI women's basketball.​
  • 23 regular-season games and up to four additional games in one multi-team event.
  • 25 regular-season games without participating in a multi-team event.
With 20 Big East games on the schedule, that would leave the possibility of only 3 nonconference games plus the MTE (which, presumably, would include the two games at Mohegan). And even if Mohegan isn't officially counted as an MTE, it still puts UConn at 26 games, one over the limit.

So I'm not seeing how ND, Baylor, SC, and TN can all stay on the schedule in addition to the Mohegan event.

What am I missing?

Dump Tenn for a year. Or else reconfigure the MS event to include more games and more teams. And if Mohegan isn't officially counted as an MTE then an MTE around Christmas could make it all fit.

I seriously doubt that UConn will end up playing those 4 teams though. Too many things can complicate it. Now if the elite programs decide to risk their seeding by playing an 8 team MTE then three games will only count as one game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom