New UCONN Logo. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New UCONN Logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
So that sheet that was posted in a prior thread was the real deal. I was happy with what we saw there.
Good find CL82, if this is accurate I'm cool with it
FDopO8V.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If I had to guess, that shot of the stamp being made in the video show the back of the new dog logo on the left. A side view sleeker Jonathan head (think running dog head) in the vein of the OSU beaverfish. Looks to me like he is facing left, but the it could be facing right depending on how its painted.

Definitely has the form of a head in profile

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
What's with that red that is really mostly orange?

They were going to make it scarlet, but then we would have had to, just for starters:

- hand in all of our championship trophies,
- dip tens of millions of dollars into debt and have tuition finance our AD
- hire a bigot basketball coach and then try to hide his actions from the public

So we decided to stick with the orange-ish red.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good find CL82, if this is accurate I'm cool with it
FDopO8V.jpg
Agree. I like the red or white outlining on the 'wordmark' better than the version Pres. Herbst had behind her. It just looks a little more finished.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They were going to make it scarlet, but then we would have had to, just for starters:

- hand in all of our championship trophies,
- dip tens of millions of dollars into debt and have tuition finance our AD
- hire a bigot basketball coach and then try to hide his actions from the public

So we decided to stick with the orange-ish red.
Well played by a Jersey guy.

For what it is worth this 'red' is less orange than the 'red' that was on the Rip Hamiltion era unis.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree. I like the red or white outlining on the 'wordmark' better than the version Pres. Herbst had behind her. It just looks a little more finished.

Agree completely. This would fix my earlier objection that it looked bland without the outlining. The Blue fot wth red outlining, on both white and grey looks particularly good.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The 60s logo has fat calves. I hate fat calves. What looks to be a huge bunny tail on the back end too.

And are those cankles I see? Or is it simply the size of the pic that is fooling me?
That Husky is Diesel!!!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
UConn Colors: The colors of the institution will continue to be navy and white, with red, gray, and metallic serving as accent colors for athletic teams.

I thought it was National Flag Blue and White.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I thought it was National Flag Blue and White.

From an article (linked) at advance.uconn.edu...
Tolokan's research re-discovered the trustee action of 1952 in which National Flag Blue was selected. Under modern color standards, that translated to a shade known as PANTONE© 289. A standard was set for the color - as well as for athletic logos and their use.
No standards were set for non-athletic logos, however. That task was taken up in 1996-1997 by University Communications, which commissioned Peter Good and Janet Cummings, alumni of the School of Fine Arts who have their own graphic design company, to create a new visual identity for the University.
It had been found that using PANTONE© 289 was problematic, particularly in print publications - National Flag Blue is so dark as to be barely indistinguishable from black in some printing. For the new standards, a slightly lighter shade of blue - PANTONE© 281 - was adopted as the new shade of blue in the visual identity program.

For what it's worth, Navy Blue is Pantone 19-3832 TCX.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
The 60s logo has fat calves. I hate fat calves. What looks to be a huge bunny tail on the back end too.

And are those cankles I see? Or is it simply the size of the pic that is fooling me?

Whats wrong with fat calves? :D
7815AF0D-09D6-4920-BECF-6CA7D152B6E7-619-00000083B5987EA2_zps9f7dd66c.jpg

Reaction Score
That chart of all those colorful UCONN logos was just a preliminary rendering. Those will not be the colors you see on the 18th.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Sorry! Don't need to see your calf, but that is just me.
Wow, never took a boneyarder for being such a hater......go to the friar forum with that nonsense Bear, or should I say Cub, lol

Reaction Score
Wow, never took a boneyarder for being such a hater......go to the friar forum with that nonsense Bear, or should I say Cub, lol

LOL - Sorry, just me. It's an impressive calf! I just don't need to see it up close! ;)
You're good with me, as long it's not in my face! LOL

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
LOL - Sorry, just me. It's an impressive calf! I just don't need to see it up close! ;)
You're good with me, as long it's not in my face! LOL
No worries brotha.....wasn't trying to boast, you'll always be a Bear to me, lol ;)

Reaction Score
No worries brotha.....wasn't trying to boast, you'll always be a Bear to me, lol ;)

LOLOLOLOL - I like people like you! It's all good to me! I actually like people like you. It's all in good fun. Keep doing what you do! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom