New top 25 women in WCBB list | The Boneyard

New top 25 women in WCBB list

Reaction Score
I love that Azzi is on this list, even though it's mainly because of her potential -- that says a lot. People fear being wrong about her.

But why is Aneesa Morrow at #14? She should be 10 places higher based on pure and substantial accomplishment.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If I recall the first one, I think Azzi was #19 or somethign like that. So moving up to 13 is cool and is probably due to strong positive reports during pre season.

Reaction Score
I think Azzi is grossly underrated.
based strictly on potential, I think Fudd is the best player on that list...........there is nothing she can't do well on a basketball court except for staying healthy.............as much as she showed well in certain games, the real Azzi Fudd has yet to be seen...............my hope is that her feet, knees and whatever else has ailed her over the years will stay away long enough to see how ridiculously good she can be.....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Pretty good list. I think Fudd is too high based on productivity from last season, though I think she could finish higher by season's end. Surprised Edwards got HM over Ducharme who I think is sorely overlooked. Ducharme was absolutely fantastic last year when healthy and given ample minutes.

Czinano is sorely underrated, definitely should be top 20. No idea how Cooke continues to make these lists and get ranked ahead over more proven players after last year's showing. SC is the clear cut #1 team going into the year but I don't think it's necessary to put 2 players on the list if they don't the fit bill. Morrow should be higher, I'd probably put her at 10 over Harmon. I'd drop Donarski/Cooke in favor of Holmes/Mikesell. Also tough to leave Robertson off the list who will shatter Mitchell's 3pt record and is consistently quite good at OU.

Reaction Score
Rickea Jackson @18? Nope. She has POY potential. Definitely SEC POY potential. And IMO is the best player on Tennessee. These rankings really lose a lot of cred when they aren't by position.,

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
Azzi is most likely projected there based on her being healthy this year and being labeled the key threat for the most dominant program in Women's Colledge Basketball history.. Not forgetting she was also once regarded as A generational player and projected to be even more impactful than Paige... So all of that is being considered and rightfully so...

I would question more as to why Aaliyah Edwards is receiving enough votes to be the 26th projected Top player... I would love it to play out that way, but that is a little stretch at this moment in my humble opinion

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azzi is most likely projected there based on her being healthy this year and being labeled the key threat for the most dominant program in Women's Colledge Basketball history.. Not forgetting she was also once regarded as A generational player and projected to be even more impactful than Paige... So all of that is being considered and rightfully so...

I would question more as to why Aaliyah Edwards is receiving enough votes to be the 26th projected Top player... I would love it to play out that way, but that is a little stretch at this moment in my humble opinion
I think Aaliyah got a bump from her Canadian U23 performance

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
No mid major players, unless you consider the BE teams mid major.
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
No. But that's how good I think Jackson can be (potential). I certainly think she's better than 18 on this list.
The potential is there for Jackson but, the ranking may be based on how she played last season. She was very inconsistent and had a number of fans questioning her desire.

Reaction Score
Czinano is sorely underrated, definitely should be top 20. No idea how Cooke continues to make these lists and get ranked ahead over more proven players after last year's showing. SC is the clear cut #1 team going into the year but I don't think it's necessary to put 2 players on the list if they don't the fit bill.
I'm with you on both Czinano and Cooke. Czinano has a record of accomplishment, not just potential. She belongs higher, probably right next to Morrow around #10.

I like Zia, but she's never been a star at SC, and reaching for her to get a second SC player on the list underscores what we all discussed on another thread: if SC lost its best player, they'd fall very far down the rankings even running a roster 13 deep. I'd worry they wouldn't even make the sweet 16. We lose Paige (and then Ice) and we're still competitive for the final four. I'm not saying SC isn't a great team -- they are. But they depend much more on their best player than we do.

Reaction Score
I agree with a couple other posters that Fudd is ranked too low and Cooke is ranked too high.

Reaction Score
I think Haley Jones is great but she’s more like 14 rather than 4. I’d trade her for Morrow in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
The potential is there for Jackson but, the ranking may be based on how she played last season. She was very inconsistent and had a number of fans questioning her desire.
Yea...maybe. But, if you applied this to Cooke, who was inconsistent most of last year I get confused all over again. I think this is the year that the team with the best chemistry, as opposed to best players...raises the trophy. The portal can bring in better players, but it also has to deliver equal or better chemistry.

Reaction Score
U Conn plays 8 on this list, two, Siegrist and Morrow twice. Miles # 8 and Harmon # 10 in the first month ,will surely test Auriemma's defensive strategy

bballnut90

Reaction Score
I'm with you on both Czinano and Cooke. Czinano has a record of accomplishment, not just potential. She belongs higher, probably right next to Morrow around #10.

I like Zia, but she's never been a star at SC, and reaching for her to get a second SC player on the list underscores what we all discussed on another thread: if SC lost its best player, they'd fall very far down the rankings even running a roster 13 deep. I'd worry they wouldn't even make the sweet 16. We lose Paige (and then Ice) and we're still competitive for the final four. I'm not saying SC isn't a great team -- they are. But they depend much more on their best player than we do.
Agree with the statement about giving SC 2 players underscores what the list actually values, but I disagree about SC not being a top 10-15 team without Boston. She’s vital on both ends but I think they’d still be a top 5 team without her considering they have tons of depth inside with Cardoso, Amihere, Saxton, Watkins and Feagin who are all extremely long and athletic and they still have elite defense and a top tier coach. Scoring would still be extremely difficult for opposing teams.

Reaction Score
Pretty good list. I think Fudd is too high based on productivity from last season, though I think she could finish higher by season's end. Surprised Edwards got HM over Ducharme who I think is sorely overlooked. Ducharme was absolutely fantastic last year when healthy and given ample minutes.

Czinano is sorely underrated, definitely should be top 20. No idea how Cooke continues to make these lists and get ranked ahead over more proven players after last year's showing. SC is the clear cut #1 team going into the year but I don't think it's necessary to put 2 players on the list if they don't the fit bill. Morrow should be higher, I'd probably put her at 10 over Harmon. I'd drop Donarski/Cooke in favor of Holmes/Mikesell. Also tough to leave Robertson off the list who will shatter Mitchell's 3pt record and is consistently quite good at OU.
You think Fudd was rated too high? That she isn't one of the top 13 best players in WBB? Interesting...

bballnut90

Reaction Score
You think Fudd was rated too high? That she isn't one of the top 13 best players in WBB? Interesting...
Based on what I saw last year, I don't see her as one of the best 13 returning players in the country. Both Fudd and Ducharme had some flashes of brilliant scoring but also had games where they went ice cold or just didn't make much of an impact despite extended minutes. Fudd will be taking on larger role going into this year and UCONN is UCONN, so I do think she can finish a lot higher than 12th if she lives up to her billing as the #1 recruit from 2021, but at this point I wouldn't rank her as high over players who are more proven.

sun

Reaction Score
Considering that Paige & Caitlin Clark shared the WBCA Freshman of the Year award, it's more than a coincidence that Clark was the 1st to lead the nation in both scoring and assists.
If Paige weren't injured twice now, she would be ranked right up there with Clark at #2 & #3.
If UConn ends up playing Iowa in the Phil Knight Legacy Tourney then I'd expect it to be one tough game.

Reaction Score
Hooray. Another list. It should be forgotten in less than a week.
I can't believe anyone takes them seriously enough to debate them. There's dozens of them.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love that Azzi is on this list, even though it's mainly because of her potential -- that says a lot. People fear being wrong about her.

But why is Aneesa Morrow at #14? She should be 10 places higher based on pure and substantial accomplishment.
I don't know what the criteria that was used in formulating this ranking. I agree with you that Morrow is ranked wayyyy too low. 28 double doubles for the season and leading Division 1 WCBB in rebounds only gets her 14th place?
I don't put much credence in preseason polls/rankings anyway. As other posters have said, these rankings won't mean a thing a week after the season starts.

Player of the year Aliyah Boston
being ranked number one I agree with. Everyone else's ranking is subjective depending on the criteria YOU choose to use in placing those being graded/ranked. How many polls or rankings do categorically agree with most of the time? :eek: Preseasons rankings and polls are (to me) nothing more than CLICK BAIT. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom