New top 25 (1/15) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New top 25 (1/15)

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Four of UNC 5 losses are to teams currently in the top 15 (SC, Ks ST, UConn, FSU). They also have a win against ND.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I’ll never understand how UNC continues to remain in the top 25. It’s not like their 5 losses were all from teams ranked higher than them at the time.
We can say this about most of the teams in the top 25: not all their losses came to teams ranked higher at the time.

Also, UNC hasn't “continued to remain” in the top 25 throughout. They dropped out two weeks ago but then beat Syracuse (then #25) and Notre Dame to jump back in. Their loss at Florida State was on the road to a team ranked about the same, ergo not really an upset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol you can say this about most of the teams in the top 25: not all their losses came to teams ranked higher at the time.

Also, UNC hasn't “continued to remain” in the top 25 throughout. They dropped out two weeks ago but then beat Syracuse (then #25) and Notre Dame to jump back in. Their loss at Florida State was on the road to a team ranked about the same, ergo not really an upset.
True! I probably take too many things into consideration when thinking about who should be ranked. Things that the voters don’t. Lol!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’ll never understand how UNC continues to remain in the top 25. It’s not like their 5 losses were all from teams ranked higher than them at the time.

20231223_132157.jpg

Reaction Score
I too actually like OSU and have seen all 4 of their PAC12 games this (why? well when my therapist and I come to a rational conclusion, I will advise the board). That said, the Beavers have a rough patch coming up against the strength of the PAC12, where Massey has them going 2-7.

Scott did his team no favors by having all 9 OOC games at home and then play 2 neutral site games before the conference schedule started. His best opponent of those 11 games-Villanova (Massey 53/NET 47) who aren't even close to an NCAA bid. Heck this Nova squad is probably 6th place in the BE this year.

Do the beat writers actually ask him about his OOC or reasoning why he plays so many home OOC games? Last year, with how young the team was and with all the transfers, I did understand his soft OOC but this year, he should have scheduled a little harder. I did have him as 25 in my poll prediction.
I think OSU will better Massey's prediction. Coach Rueck did the non-conference scheduling perfect this season. So many young, and new on the team this season. Had to figure out what he had, what combinations work, and secure wins. Next season Coach Rueck will need to flip this 180 degrees. Next season OSU need to be playing top 25 teams in the non-conference as OSU will be playing conference games in the WCC. Goal this season is to make it to the NCAA Tournament and then knock em off one at time. Use the PAC-12 Tournament & NCAA Tournament wins to up OSU's portal attractiveness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom