OT: - New Stones | The Boneyard

OT: New Stones

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I like Micks voice better in 2020 than I did in 1981 (my first stones show, Ive seen about 20 since then) . Thats an ultra rare thing . No ones voice ages that well. Mine included. Hes been singing his butt off for last decade and a half at least. The stones kinda mailed it in in the 80's , and then after a decent hiatus they always sounded great again.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like Micks voice better in 2020 than I did in 1981 (my first stones show, Ive seen about 20 since then) . Thats an ultra rare thing . No ones voice ages that well. Mine included. Hes been singing his butt off for last decade and a half at least. The stones kinda mailed it in in the 80's , and then after a decent hiatus they always sounded great again.
I like it better than I expected to.

Digging the other "new" Dylan, too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
yeah, well that tune just floors me.
Me too. The guy still kills me. Is the consensus that this and "Murder Most Foul" are Tempest-era recordings?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Where did you see them? I went to the Philly and Hartford shows. Philly in particular, was outstanding, especially given it was a the start of the tour. Jagger's energy level was crazy from start to finish.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Where did you see them? I went to the Philly and Hartford shows. Philly in particular, was outstanding, especially given it was a the start of the tour. Jagger's energy level was crazy from start to finish.
In 81? I went to MSG and Hartford

Reaction Score
In 81? I went to MSG and Hartford
I saw them in '81 as well in Hartford. Wasn't there a point in the concert where Mick had to kick Keith to get up? I remember both Keith and Ronnie drinking their bourbon during the show.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Me too. The guy still kills me. Is the consensus that this and "Murder Most Foul" are Tempest-era recordings?

....actually there is scuttle he was in studio in Jan/early Feb THIS (2020) year, in LA. Hard to tell with him, he likes the mystery, but there are some glaring differences in delivery to Tempest era. Furtermore there are some post tempest contemporary references.

One things for sure. It is tempest OR later.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Not really a big Rolling Stones fan, but good god, these guys have had a sixty-year career.

That’s astounding.

It IS astounding. Keith Richards is still alive!

And even more so they sound better live than they have in decades.

Since we are talking longevity, my friends in Max Creek (a local Connecticut band who has been very successful regionally for a LONG time) just this week celebrated 49!!!! years as a continuous band. That might be more impressive than the stones even, becuase they have been playing live EVERY year in that time. the stones have gone 5 years in between tours at times.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Since we are talking longevity, my friends in Max Creek (a local Connecticut band who has been very successful regionally for a LONG time) just this week celebrated 49!!!! years as a continuous band. That might be more impressive than the stones even, becuase they have been playing live EVERY year in that time. the stones have gone 5 years in between tours at times.

Keith Richards is a cyborg. The living embodiment of drugs killing weaker cells. I am looking forward to him rocking out at 103 yrs old

Stones had so much swag it goshdarn hurts. Hell they still do even in their mid 70s

Not for nothing, but my favorite Stones song is from the 80s. Barely (1980), but still.

Reaction Score
The Stones song is awesome. Dylan is pretty much just spoken word now but he's a brilliant poet and it's cool and haunting to hear someone who knows he's creeping closer to the end of the line and reflecting back over his lifetime.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The person who does Keith's landscaping in Fairfield County is a family member
The guy is rather sobering in real life
Pipes in classical music into his yard and also lots of early blues

My favorite Stones is the very early blues years (early 60s)

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

adub confidential. ive been to keiths house for a party

Reaction Score
Not sure what it says about me, but Mrs. 8893 commented that Mick is "still hot" when the Stones appeared on that benefit concert the other night.
Play it safe and don't invite Mick over for some Sally's

Reaction Score

I’m a decade or so later for favs, but I liked their early stuff too. And the later stuff too. Sticky Fingers is my favorite Stones album.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I've been hooked on listening to podcasts from the BBC Radio 4 show Desert Island Discs during this pandemic; I typically listen to one every afternoon while on a long walk. Keith's is definitely among my favorites so far:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Read an article a few years ago and the writer suggested it took Mick 45 years to get the voice he always wanted and the Stones needed. It's right on cue for what they need. Although like anyone now, you always wonder how much currently is natural and how much is engineered.

CL82

Reaction Score
@8893 just listened. I liked it. It has a Tattoo You kind of feel to it.

Reaction Score
Not really a big Rolling Stones fan, but good god, these guys have had a sixty-year career.

That’s astounding.
Saw the Stones in Boulder Colo in the mid70's..Heart opened the concert when they were pretty good looking.. Trivia question for the young folks..Did you know the Stones would get blood transfusions frequently when they came to the States(in NYC) to stay/look young?

CL82

Reaction Score

Lol about Richards. Very true, though it's been true for decades.

We booked Max Creek for Spring Weekend (then South Campus weekend) one year, I'm going to say 1979, they played a great show in the quad. (For you kids out there, that was back in the days when we had kegs on campus.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom