OT: - New Stones | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: New Stones

Reaction Score
Lol about Richards. Very true, though it's been true for decades.

We booked Max Creek for Spring Weekend (then South Campus weekend) one year, I'm going to say 1979, they played a great show in the quad. (For you kids out there, that was back in the days when we had kegs on campus.)
Went to HS w?drummer for Max..Good guy..Sorry he's no longer with us.

Reaction Score

We booked Max Creek for Spring Weekend (then South Campus weekend) one year, I'm going to say 1979, they played a great show in the quad. (For you kids out there, that was back in the days when we had kegs on campus.)
BTW..Mick was wearing a pink spandex jumpsuit..Feeling his oats..

Reaction Score

That reminds me of one of my first days on campus. Jasper Wrath played in the Quad prior to classes starting in the Fall of 1976. Good times. Kegs were delivered to the dorms back then, but the drinking age was 18.

Reaction Score
That reminds me of one of my first days on campus. Jasper Wrath played in the Quad prior to classes starting in the Fall of 1976. Good times. Kegs were delivered to the dorms back then, but the drinking age was 18.
Wow..You guys are young dudes..

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Went to HS w?drummer for Max..Good guy..Sorry he's no longer with us.
Rob Fried. Good guy. Really interesting . He lived a 1/4 mile from simsbury high. Used to invite me over after school if my girl friends ( not my girlfriend) “girl friends” came with me. I know it sounds creepy. It wasn’t. Good guy and different time.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Read an article a few years ago and the writer suggested it took Mick 45 years to get the voice he always wanted and the Stones needed. It's right on cue for what they need. Although like anyone now, you always wonder how much currently is natural and how much is engineered.

It’s natural. Trust me on that. I’m a sticker for that.

Reaction Score
Rob Fried. Good guy. Really interesting . He lived a 1/4 mile from simsbury high. Used to invite me over after school if my girl friends ( not my girlfriend) “girl friends” came with me. I know it sounds creepy. It wasn’t. Good guy and different time.
Rob was cool

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
It IS astounding. Keith Richards is still alive!

And even more so they sound better live than they have in decades.

Since we are talking longevity, my friends in Max Creek (a local Connecticut band who has been very successful regionally for a LONG time) just this week celebrated 49!!!! years as a continuous band. That might be more impressive than the stones even, becuase they have been playing live EVERY year in that time. the stones have gone 5 years in between tours at times.

Shout out Max Creek!

When they came up one other time here on the 'yard, I mentioned that a founding member of Max Creek is my step-father in law ... awesome dude. Plays with a bigger band as well. Showed him that picture someone posted from the UConn quad in 1979, he was cracking up!

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Shout out Max Creek!

When they came up one other time here on the 'yard, I mentioned that a founding member of Max Creek is my step-father in law ... awesome dude. Plays with a bigger band as well. Showed him that picture someone posted from the UConn quad in 1979, he was cracking up!

Just for reference, I have absolutely no connection to the New England area at all, until I met him like 5 years ago. So I'm not a local guy that happens to know a local musician, which makes it so funny when I hear people from my UConn basketball "world" talking about him.

As Costanza would say, "Worlds are colliding!"

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Just for reference, I have absolutely no connection to the New England area at all, until I met him like 5 years ago. So I'm not a local guy that happens to know a local musician, which makes it so funny when I hear people from my UConn basketball "world" talking about him.

As Costanza would say, "Worlds are colliding!"

Is your father in law still an existing member?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is your father in law still an existing member?

He is, Scott. I don't know the history, so I can't even tell you his involvement at the start, but I know he's a long time member, lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom