New Starting Lineup for Columbia game | The Boneyard

New Starting Lineup for Columbia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

With all the problems we have had this season finding the right 5 players to play and win games together, I have a serious solution that can solve some of the issues UCONN has. Simple experimentation that can be implemented against Columbia.

Starting lineup: Boat-PG, Ham-SG, Kentan-SF, Rakim-PF, and Amida as the center. T-Sam should be the first guy off the bench as a ball handler and defender with Lubin coming out like Calhoun used to do with Olander. Purvis should be an energy and hustle guy coming off the bench.

Kentan needs to guard some of these bigger 3's on the perimeter like Justice Winslow, Stanley Johnson, etc and crash the boards. D-Ham needs to embrace the shooting guard role and take and make perimeter shots a la Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
i would go boat, d ham, facey, brimah and put Omar in at 2 guard. Give him some good minutes and lets see what he's got. Last year in Bridgeport was his last good game. In warmups against duke he hit every 3 he took. Hes our best hope for outside scoring threat going forward. If he stinks it up at least we know what Omar is at this point

Reaction Score
The starting lineup will remain as is barring an unexpected jump from Omar. It does seem, though, that we might be close to narrowing it down to eight, with Samuel, Omar, and Nolan the first three off the bench.

Reaction Score
image.jpg

Reaction Score
Wow you're really reading those articles about taking the burden off of Boat aren't you? :eek:.........Is that a new micro brew you're chugging this afternoon?

Reaction Score
Start all walk ons with Rak and OC. Get the other team tired and then in the 2nd half put in Boat, RP, Dham, Facey and AB. The other team will be so tired chasing our bench that we will crush then.

Rope a dope style!

H

huskymagic

God some of our fans are so dumb.

is that what you were saying when I said we should play inside out, and make Hamilton our point forward... I didn't think so, but your welcome, it's a gift. Hamilton needs to focus on being our 2 guard and not guarding bigger and stronger guys than him at the 3 that he will face from strong teams. Facey can match up better physically with them and also do what he does on the boards and scoring from hustle plays. Rakim deserves a look and fits well chemistry wise with the team while also allowing us to play bigger and get Purvis out of the starting lineup.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Start Boat, Hamilton, Calhoun, Facey, and Brimah. Have Calhoun guard the opposing SF, play Boat off ball and let Hamilton make plays. Give it to Boat if nothing develops with 10-15 seconds left on the shot clock. IF Hamilton can tighten up his handle this could be the game plan.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
With all the problems we have had this season finding the right 5 players to play and win games together, I have a serious solution that can solve some of the issues UCONN has. Simple experimentation that can be implemented against Columbia.

Starting lineup: Boat-PG, Ham-SG, Kentan-SF, Rakim-PF, and Amida as the center. T-Sam should be the first guy off the bench as a ball handler and defender with Lubin coming out like Calhoun used to do with Olander. Purvis should be an energy and hustle guy coming off the bench.

Kentan needs to guard some of these bigger 3's on the perimeter like Justice Winslow, Stanley Johnson, etc and crash the boards. D-Ham needs to embrace the shooting guard role and take and make perimeter shots a la Jeremy Lamb.
So basically another 44 offensive explosion like we had against Yale??

Reaction Score
Our problem is shooting and ballhandling, and you want to put an unskilled power forward at the 3? Yikes.

I thought JC's NBA-sized lineups (Roscoe-AO-Drummond at the 3-4-5) were ineffective; what you're proposing is even more extreme.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If Lubin starts any games this year, we're in big trouble.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
For two dozen years, I always said the keys to the bus are in JC's hands, and we're just along for the ride. I'm so glad he gave the keys to KO, and not the OP.
I'm sure it was an excruciating decision for JC to make.

Reaction Score
I see what you're trying to do, by making the offense run through Hamilton more often, while protecting him on defense, but this is counter productive. We only would have 1.5 ball handlers on the floor (Hamilton only gets a .5 because he's still a frosh) and would have trouble with only token pressure. Not to mention the lack of offense, where Facey, Lubin, and Brimah are all complete projects. Purvis is at least getting a little more agressive as a slasher. Not to mention, as Duke showed, we are often gonna need all 20 fouls from the bigs at the 4 and the 5, and 3 on the court only increases the chances they use up those fouls. And I for one think if Lubin buys in and sticks around, he could be a junkyard dog type 4 starter by the time he's a senior. Don't write off his entir career right now, some of you. This year is a toss up; I think with everyone coming back next year, and maybe with some big Stones, we could have a juggernaut.

Reaction Score
i would go boat, d ham, facey, brimah and put Omar in at 2 guard.

Not a bad idea and worth trying as an experiment. I would like to see Omar's response to a vote of confidence. It could do wonders for the kid's psyche. And even if he starts it doesn't mean he has to end up as one of the top 5 players in minutes played. Some people play better as starters and some play better off the bench.

Reaction Score
Don't think we will see TSam next game the way he limped off with a sprain. Hopefully he doesn't miss many games.

Reaction Score
Maybe we should start some of the players from the women's team????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom