New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 45 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

This has been expected for a while, and I think will be an underrated addition for us. She gives us someone who loves to finish through contact and get to the line, something we've been lacking since Haley Jones went pro. (She had the fourth most made free throws last season after JuJu, Clark, and Reese!)

That said, if anyone knows of a quality post still in the portal, send her our way. (Purportedly that post may be transfer portal Mary Ashley Stevenson.) That's where our biggest need is for next season, now that Kiki rode Trojan Horse of betrayal down to SoCal...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Transferring to get the experience of seeing a foot of snow in Syracuse and looking up at Duke in the standings.
I think you mean three feet of snow. I'll ignore the Duke part. Actually, you might be right.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
I think you mean three feet of snow. I'll ignore the Duke part. Actually, you might be right.
Or could be someone still feels the sting of the Brooke Smith transfer mentioned in the press release. Time will tell, as yes this year may be mighty different for Stanford. Then again if transfers in are now possible for Stanford, that can open doors that were previously slammed shut and be a huge long-term positive/extra in its arsenal.

Reaction Score
@TheFarmFan

Dj Khaled GIF

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Or could be someone still feels the sting of the Brooke Smith transfer mentioned in the press release. Time will tell, as yes this year may be mighty different for Stanford. Then again if transfers in are now possible for Stanford, that can open doors that were previously slammed shut and be a huge long-term positive/extra in its arsenal.

Smith was 20+ years ago. She didn't lead Stanford to any championships, Duke still was highly successful in spite of the transfer. The only sting I feel from 20+ years ago WBB related are from Purdue, TN, and Minnesota in the Tournament :mad:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Really nice pick-up for Stanford and @TheFarmFan! Like @visitingcock , I'm a big fan of the former Mary Ashley Groot (now, Stevenson) -- Gamecock family and heroine of the New York City Private School League, at Dalton School.

This pairing -- Stevenson & Stanford -- makes a lot of sense. Good luck to player, coach, program and fan!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom