New Rumor Re: SEC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Rumor Re: SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That 3 game stretch againt our SEC East foes Florida, Georgia, and Bama is going to be a doozy!!

Don't forget South Carolina. This alignment suggests that Auburn doesn't come back quickly, A&M stays good and Tennessee gets back to being one of the top schools in the league.

P.S. [Edit] and we have winable games vs Duke, UNC, UVA and Kentucky. Two out of conference and you are bowling.

Reaction Score
Good lord.........we are not going to the SEC.

That the SEC may disembowel the ACC is cetainly within the realm of possibilities, but we are not ending up in the SEC.

Reaction Score
While this is hilarious, just the throw something out there:

The B1G wants to come south, so they say. But academics matter a ton: they are not taking Virginia Tech or NC State. A move like this leaves the B1G with little room for expansion. They aren't taking FSU, Clemson, VT, NCSU. Pitt is covered by Penn State. Who does it even leave? Georgia Tech/Syracuse?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tell that to espn.

Don't confuse management with people who talk on TV and write articles on the interenet. Two totally different groups and one does what the other tells them to do.

pj

Reaction Score
Won't play devil's advocate. I will only suggest that UConn to the SEC in a vacuum is senseless. UConn plus UNC, Duke and Virginia...has some logic to it. The B1G has Rutgers and Maryland, and covets VA and NC. The SEC is dominant across the south, but misses NC and VA. The SEC just needs one NY area foothold to increase carriage rates. If you look at the reconfigured SEC east after such a move, it isn't far off from the ACC geographic footprint.

East: UConn, UVA, UNC, Duke, USC, UGA, UF, Bama, Auburn, UK.
West: A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, Missouri, UTenn, Vandy.

Moving Bama and Auburn east balances the football hit from the new additions. The east would be a basketball powerhouse with Duke, UConn, UNC, Florida and UK. So you might need to swap UK and UT, and let UT and Vandy play a rivalry game. All of this assumes that the SEC would waive the one school per state concern for Duke. Applying the rule in the other states, UConn is the logical addition, Every other ACC school but Pitt, BC and Syracuse would be disqualified. We fit better than any of them. Oklahoma could work, but there is the GOR.

You have 10 teams in the East and 8 in the West. Move UK west and it looks about right.

If they're moving to an SEC Network, they need basketball. Duke would be a sound addition for them if it nets them UNC.

Reaction Score
Don't confuse management with people who talk on TV and write articles on the interenet. Two totally different groups and one does what the other tells them to do.
The SEC has been after Duke and UNC for around 3 years. I am guessing some writer made that number up.

Reaction Score
The SEC has been after Duke and UNC for around 3 years. I am guessing some writer made that number up.

I don't what what you are talking about but UConn would be major coup for the SEC. If they could entice us to join, that would be quite a feather in their cap.

It might even stop expansion for all of time.

Reaction Score
I am sorry to start another thread, but gotta keep the mojo rising. This from a RU fan stating that SEC Executives looking at UNC, Duke, UVA, UConn - numbers are off the charts. Linky.

The ball is rolling fellas - let's keep this going. Warfare between the ACC, B1G and SEC with UConn in play - love it.

Linky no worky.

Reaction Score
I don't what what you are talking about but UConn would be major coup for the SEC. If they could entice us to join, that would be quite a feather in their cap.

It might even stop expansion for all of time.
Neither do I. And I know UConn would be a coup for the SEC. I never imagined we'd be mentioned positively by SEC fans. I could imagine they'd love to come up here for trips. All in all, screw the ACC, Syracuse, BC and Pitt. We might be laughing at them soon.

Reaction Score
We are through the looking glass people. Rumours that originated here have gone out into the internet taken a life of their own and are now being parroted back to us.

1) Isn't that exactly how WVU got themselves into the Big 12?
2) The SEC rumor didn't originate here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are doing plenty fine...

Yes, strangely this is much more fun than the endless B1G threads. It would be the biggest raised middle finger to the ACC of all time. I can almost hear Gene Defilipo gasping for breath with a look of crazed astonishment on his face. Syracuse and BC fans would scratch out their eyes and piss themselves in sheer terror.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Yes, strangely this is much more fun than the endless B1G threads. It would be the biggest raised middle finger to the ACC of all time. I can almost hear Gene Defilipo gasping for breath with a look of crazed astonishment on his face. Syracuse and BC fans would scratch out their eyes and piss themselves in sheer terror.

Could you imagine the reaction in Tallahassee? We get blocked by FSU to the ACC.....then get their coveted spot in the golden SEC!:p

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like this rumor was started by the SEC as a message to the B1G to stay out of the deep south
or we will kill your NE strategy.
I love it none the less

Reaction Score
We are through the looking glass people. Rumours that originated here have gone out into the internet taken a life of their own and are now being parroted back to us.

We needed a new rumor.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We needed a new rumor.

I think we let this one run its course. The consensus is developing that this is a warning shot by the SEC to the B1G - take UConn/UVA or we will blow up your move into the Northeast. I for one want to see how long all the conferences stare at this New England jewel before pulling the trigger, and the amplification across the web of this rumor is a good place to start that movement.

And let's not forget about the ACC. If they become convinced that someone will take us, it would be a great way to sidestep BC's objections since we are going to be a player anyway they may as well bring us in the fold.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I think we let this one run its course. The consensus is developing that this is a warning shot by the SEC to the B1G - take UConn/UVA or we will blow up your move into the Northeast. I for one want to see how long all the conferences stare at this New England jewel before pulling the trigger, and the amplification across the web of this rumor is a good place to start that movement.

And let's not forget about the ACC. If they become convinced that someone will take us, it would be a great way to sidestep BC's objections since we are going to be a player anyway they may as well bring us in the fold.
I'd still rather go to the SEC!

Reaction Score
HEADLINES

"Big time football returns to its original home."
The one true god of football "Walter Camp "is smiling down on his native state.

Now is a good time for our PR people to claim Connecticuts birthright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom