New Rumor Re: SEC | The Boneyard

New Rumor Re: SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I am sorry to start another thread, but gotta keep the mojo rising. This from a RU fan stating that SEC Executives looking at UNC, Duke, UVA, UConn - numbers are off the charts. Linky.

The ball is rolling fellas - let's keep this going. Warfare between the ACC, B1G and SEC with UConn in play - love it.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I am sorry to start another thread, but gotta keep the mojo rising. This from a RU fan stating that SEC Executives looking at UNC, Duke, UVA, UConn - numbers are off the charts. Linky.

The ball is rolling fellas - let's keep this going. Warfare between the ACC, B1G and SEC with UConn in play - love it.

Now package that deal to the Big 10 and call it a day

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

It is nice to see UConn being painted as an object of desire to conferences but unfortunately it is not reality. We were all led to believe that one of the bigger factors in UConn not being picked over Louisville was that the ACC knew we weren't going anywhere. Now, that could be faulty logic as they said the same about Rutgers but we shall see.

The bottom line is that the reality is we're the best remaining team not in a Power 5 conference. So we're always going to be mentioned. Cincy may disagree but we have them beat in every aspect except football. Athletics and academics are far better. One could even argue our geographic location to NYC makes us more desirable than Cincy's location in the recruiting hotbed of Ohio.

Let's not lose sight of the reality that this all stemmed from a writers choice of words in an article.....not any "source"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Don't fully discount anything. If we provide value in big markets (we do) anything is possible. When any conference shines a bright light on UConn and looks around, they will be impressed.

SEC and B1G message boards that bash us do it out of lack of knowledge. They haven't been spoon fed our propaganda. Once they are, they'll jump on board.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I'd be friggin stunned if the SEC ever went for a northern school. Not that I don't like all the attention mind you...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Won't play devil's advocate. I will only suggest that UConn to the SEC in a vacuum is senseless. UConn plus UNC, Duke and Virginia...has some logic to it. The B1G has Rutgers and Maryland, and covets VA and NC. The SEC is dominant across the south, but misses NC and VA. The SEC just needs one NY area foothold to increase carriage rates. If you look at the reconfigured SEC east after such a move, it isn't far off from the ACC geographic footprint.

East: UConn, UVA, UNC, Duke, USC, UGA, UF, Bama, Auburn, UK.
West: A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, Missouri, UTenn, Vandy.

Moving Bama and Auburn east balances the football hit from the new additions. The east would be a basketball powerhouse with Duke, UConn, UNC, Florida and UK. So you might need to swap UK and UT, and let UT and Vandy play a rivalry game. All of this assumes that the SEC would waive the one school per state concern for Duke. Applying the rule in the other states, UConn is the logical addition, Every other ACC school but Pitt, BC and Syracuse would be disqualified. We fit better than any of them. Oklahoma could work, but there is the GOR.

D

DanDar

If this was true, UConn would come out in the best position out of all of the old BE schools. We could compete with Vandy, Duke and UNC for football's losers bowl though. With that schedule UConn football would need a miracle coach to stay competitive.

Reaction Score
Won't play devil's advocate. I will only suggest that UConn to the SEC in a vacuum is senseless. UConn plus UNC, Duke and Virginia...has some logic to it. The B1G has Rutgers and Maryland, and covets VA and NC. The SEC is dominant across the south, but misses NC and VA. The SEC just needs one NY area foothold to increase carriage rates. If you look at the reconfigured SEC east after such a move, it isn't far off from the ACC geographic footprint.

East: UConn, UVA, UNC, Duke, USC, UGA, UF, Bama, Auburn, UK.
West: A&M, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, Arkansas, Missouri, UTenn, Vandy.

Moving Bama and Auburn east balances the football hit from the new additions. The east would be a basketball powerhouse with Duke, UConn, UNC, Florida and UK. So you might need to swap UK and UT, and let UT and Vandy play a rivalry game. All of this assumes that the SEC would waive the one school per state concern for Duke. Applying the rule in the other states, UConn is the logical addition, Every other ACC school but Pitt, BC and Syracuse would be disqualified. We fit better than any of them. Oklahoma could work, but there is the GOR.

That 3 game stretch againt our SEC East foes Florida, Georgia, and Bama is going to be a doozy!!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If this was true, UConn would come out in the best position out of all of the old BE schools. We could compete with Vandy, Duke and UNC for football's losers bowl though. With that schedule UConn football would need a miracle coach to stay competitive.

We would just have to backload all of our home conference games at the end of the season. Would love seeing those LSU, Alabama, Florida kids deal with temperatures below 0 degress and heavy snow/freezing rain!;)

Reaction Score
I mean, logical sensibility tells me it's not happening.

However, in terms of college football, it doesn't get much better than the SEC (B10 the exception). The basketball? (both men & women)...INSANITY. Four of the most successful men's programs of all time (UK, Duke, UNC & UConn) with the two most successful women's programs of all time (UConn & Tennessee).

Reaction Score
It's Official...................... The Boneyard is the new capital of Cloudcooku Land!

Reaction Score
Duke and UNC are a confirmed package deal. If the SEC wants UVA, they'll need one more school to even the number of members out.

Reaction Score
I am going to ask some UNC and Duke Alums what they thinl and base my opinion on what might happen, on theirs.

Reaction Score
I am going to ask some UNC and Duke Alums what they thinl and base my opinion on what might happen, on theirs.
Ever hear of the media? Go e-mail yourself.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this would ever have a chance at happening but I was reading Sports Illustrated the other day. It was their issue listing the 50 most powerful people in sports (not players). Slive was listed and it said something about how he has reason to smile as Bama should be favored to win another National Championship in football this year and he has a TV contract that will be negotiated soon including starting the SEC Network. I got to thinking about all the stuff that has been talked about with the Big Ten Network. SEC Network will not want to just stay in the south. They will want subscribers and eyeballs in new places. Does Uconn in the mix make any sense at all? Well, we are in the northeast for one thing and there was a comment in a recent article about Uconn and Cuse really making any kind of dent in the NY market (as opposed to Rutgers). SEC would have entry into the market a bit and get subscribers in Fairfield County (part of NY DMA) for sure.

Next, they need content. Football is great but there are not enough games. Basketball has that and Uconn is a premier program. I wasn't thinking of Duke, UNC, UVa but that would dramatically change the SEC's view as not a great hoops league - Uconn, UK, UNC, Dook, Florida, etc. ACC is hurt and Big Ten would have trouble competing with the top 5 in hoops in this set up.

OK that's it from me - I have to stop - starting to feel like HFD right now.

Reaction Score
1.2 Mil is what the going rate for a name OC is these days, or so they say.

Reaction Score
Maybe "be patient" really means "be patient". The fact that this even has a 1 pct chance of happening is great. People talk and will finally see our relevance with these major conferences needing more games for their networks (even the women) and hockey east is perfect...wow a new new dream scenario...Screw the ACC we are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom