New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Felt good about Cox and A"ja Wilson too. Both had great visits. I can say she'd (they'd) be a good fit.

You can't always go with your "gut" feelings, cause sometimes it's just gas. :eek:

How wonderful would it be to log on tomorrow morning and read that Lexie is coming to Storrs? :D

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Coach Bill ‏@NYcoach 1m1 minute ago
#Elite 6'0" 2017 TX Wing @Lexi_g34 chooses @UConnWBB Great kid. Sniper,Versatile,Tough joins @DraHunter2 in 2017

Cblg_0QUMAEdoZ3.jpg

Cblg_zhUUAAgZ6D.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If signing Moriah (2nd ranked player in her class + winning NC) did not create a pipeline out of Texas the last 3 years, why would signing Lexi (30+ ranked player in her class) suddenly change this ?

Consider this me telling you "I told you so". Keep hope alive!

30th ranked and rising fast. There is no guarantee that signing Lexi will create this pipeline. I believe I said I was "hoping" it does.
My reasons for hoping:
  • The recruiting landscape has changed significantly and Moriah did not play AAU or HS basketball with any of the current Texas recruits like Lexi is currently doing.
  • There are just more good kids in Texas today. In Moriah class 2012 there were 2 top 25 Kids from Texas Moriah and Alexus Jones. In the HS class immediately following Moriah 2013 there were ZERO (NADA, ZILCH) top 25 kids from Texas and only 1 top 50 kid Imani Wright. 2014-18 the top of the board has been stacked by Texas kids like Turner, Holmes, Cox, Collier, Prince, Richards.
  • Lexi Gordon spent her family's money to visit UCONN & Charli Collier was reportedly planning on doing the same.
  • UCONN was in the running for Turner & Cox up until the end-allegedly
  • Many of these kids are choosing to stay in Texas but if one brave kid (a peer like Lexi) were to leave others may follow-I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom