New Recruit Caroline Lau | The Boneyard

New Recruit Caroline Lau

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There’s a kid who everyone loves out of Connecticut. Caroline Lau 2022 5’8” PG out of St. Lukes HS in Ct. Stanford is already on this kid. From what Im hearing from some top coaches is she is the real deal. Dont know much else but some big name AAU coaches like her alot.

Reaction Score
235498.jpg

Caroline Lau
POINT GUARD
CLASS: 2022

caroline-lau

HGN

Reaction Score
The one thing about Lau that I like most right now is that she is a State of Connecticut grown player. If Stanford is on her , hopefully UConn is too. If she is Sue Bird-ish , and in the State of Connecticut , I am sure the UConn coaches have noticed.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Is there any proof she's a UConn player of interest?
If there isn't, there probably should be.

Great passer and ball handler, sees the floor, shoots the three, good defender. What's not to like?

Now, if she loves New Haven style pizza, grab her up. :D

Reaction Score
If she's from New Canaan chances are her career is going to be in something other than basketball. She'd be crazy to pass up a free Stanford education, or an Ivy League one, if she can get it.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
If she's from New Canaan chances are her career is going to be in something other than basketball. She'd be crazy to pass up a free Stanford education, or an Ivy League one, if she can get it.
I'm unfamiliar with various Connecticut cities but leery of the supposition that your birthplace and/or residence is dispositive in determining your career path. Please explain.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm unfamiliar with various Connecticut cities but leery of the supposition that your birthplace and/or residence is dispositive in determining your career path. Please explain.
While I absolutely agree with your comment, I will fill in some information on New Canaan. New Canaan is an affluent town in Fairfield County CT, in the southwest corner of the state, one of the most affluent counties in the country.

I grew up in Fairfield County. But it was decidedly not in the affluent section of the county. While the HS I attended never had the resources of some of the wealthy school districts in Fairfield County, we did take particular pleasure in occasionally beating the rich kids in football and basketball.

Reaction Score
If there isn't, there probably should be.

Great passer and ball handler, sees the floor, shoots the three, good defender. What's not to like?

Now, if she loves New Haven style pizza, grab her up. :D

She is playing against kids that will most likely never even sniff a D1 offer! Let's see what she does against some decent talent before we anoint her the next Sue Bird.

Reaction Score

Ivy leagues can't give athletic scholarships.

Reaction Score
Many of the folks who live in New Canaan, CT can afford to send their children to any school in the country.

I understand that but the poster referred to a "free" education,

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Looks like she needs a chiropractor to straighten out the head tilt.
Looks like an adult would have sense enough to avoid criticizing the physical appearance of a 12 year old girl ,too. But surprise,surprise! :(:oops::eek:

Reaction Score
Looks like an adult would have sense enough to avoid criticizing the physical appearance of a 12 year old girl ,too. But surprise,surprise! :(:oops::eek:

I was not criticizing her appearance. I was pointing out a physical problem that can be easily corrected by a chiropractor. Me and my son had the exact same thing, so I have a little first hand knowledge.

Reaction Score
It’s called the Golden Touch.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was not criticizing her appearance. I was pointing out a physical problem that can be easily corrected by a chiropractor. Me and my son had the exact same thing, so I have a little first hand knowledge.
Okay

Reaction Score
I understand that but the poster referred to a "free" education,
Umiami and others have stated factually I believe that many students from wealthy family get scholarships to Ivy League schools due to lack of access to their sources of wealth, When my daughter was at Harvard it was reported that over 50 percent of those students were on financial aid. A not so expensive education.

Reaction Score
Umiami and others have stated factually I believe that many students from wealthy family get scholarships to Ivy League schools due to lack of access to their sources of wealth, When my daughter was at Harvard it was reported that over 50 percent of those students were on financial aid. A not so expensive education.

Financial Aid is entirely "need based" and they offer no academic or athletic scholarships at Ivy League schools. That said, Ivy League students are free to win merit-based scholarships from outside institutions and organizations, including state, federal and private scholarships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom