New Practice Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Practice Video

Reaction Score
The size, mobility, and athleticism of Samson Johnson is really unique. If he makes a leap this year into a reliable player - this team is downright terrifying. We may not have the greatest ball handling, but yikes with this lineup for 10-15 min/game or so

6'5 Tristan Newton
6'5 Jordan Hawkins
6'6 AJax
6'10 Samson Johnson
6'9 Adama Sanogo
+
with 7'2 Donovan Clingan

That is an incredibly imposing physical/size/athleticism ratio

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I’m thinking the footage was taken while Hawkins was at CP3 camp
You mean there wasn’t a real best of 3 game competition played over many weeks?????

Reaction Score
Probably the camera angle but twice they throw alley oops to Clingan and it doesn't appear he has to jump very far off the ground to dunk the ball.
Which is exactly how AJ Price made a living throwing oops to Thabeet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
These videos make me salivate for the opener. No Ajax dunks makes me think they are holding out clips. I bumped into him at the Cuse football game and asked him how many guys he's going to dunk on this year. He said "a whole lot."

Reaction Score
Public perception impacts team rankings. So I care to some extent.

Impacts the coaches poll or the writers poll?

I guess I don’t agree with that - I don’t think what fans think matters at all - but I’d also rather trade a 40 point win over some scrub team in December for a better prepared team in March.

Reaction Score
They played softball instead for the third game.

But here’s Jordan today…

I was there today at Shehan, was the highlight if my 9 yeat old son's year

Jordan looked 100% good/healthy. The team was great with the kids. Richie and Andre were especially personable and really did a terrific job.

No Samson or Sonogo but everyone else was there.

Reaction Score
From what I could see, seemed like a balanced scrimmage/drills...
Gray
Newton
Calcaterra
Jackson
Samson
Clingan
-Springs

Blue
Diarra
Alleyne
Romoglou
Karaban
Sanogo

Hawkins at camp likely. I think same teams as the previous 2 scrimmages we saw but colors swapped. And Romoglou was wearing both Gray and Blue (though Gray only in dribbling drills and blue in live action).

Reaction Score
I was there today at Shehan, was the highlight if my 9 yeat old son's year

Jordan looked 100% good/healthy. The team was great with the kids. Richie and Andre were especially personable and really did a terrific job.

No Samson or Sonogo but everyone else was there.

It was an NIL/student visa thing, which limits participation in these kinds of situations.

Yes, I know about Tshiebwe. I don’t understand all of the rules and regulations, but there are things they’re allowed to do and others they’re not, which I think is a shame and really unfair.

Reaction Score
It was an NIL/student visa thing, which limits participation in these kinds of situations.

Yes, I know about Tshiebwe. I don’t understand all of the rules and regulations, but there are things they’re allowed to do and others they’re not, which I think is a shame and really unfair.
I'm also not 100% sure but I believe one of the stipulations for international students is it has to be passive income so an in person event like that wouldn't qualify

Reaction Score
Public perception impacts team rankings. So I care to some extent.
Agreed, at least at the start of the season, but I liken it to getting a degree from a "name" school.
It helps you get a better first job, but after that it's normally 100% how you perform and add value to your employer's enterprise.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
We may not have the greatest ball handling, but yikes with this lineup for 10-15 min/game or so
6'5 Tristan Newton
6'5 Jordan Hawkins
6'6 AJax
6'10 Samson Johnson
6'9 Adama Sanogo
+
with 7'2 Donovan Clingan
I may be going out on a limb here, but I really like our chances if they let us play six guys. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom