New Poster | The Boneyard

New Poster

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been reading the yard for years now and had a some drinks last night and finally decided to pull the trigger and make an account.

About me/important opinions:

-Graduated from UConn, now I live in DC.

-On Conference Realignment: If UConn could somehow keep football in the AAC and put basketball in the Big East that would be great and I hope AD Dave is pushing for it but I won't get my hopes up. In the meantime, sticking it out in the AAC for a few more years until the Big 12 blows up is what has to be done.

-Kevin Ollie: I still support KO but I think his leash is shortening. Some say that this is a make or break year, but I'm giving him at least 2 years to turn things around and improve his in-game coaching.

- Syracuse sucks.

-Fishy is Chief.

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

I've been reading the yard for years now and had a some drinks last night and finally decided to pull the trigger and make an account.

-On Conference Realignment: If UConn could somehow keep football in the AAC and put basketball in the Big East that would be great and I hope AD Dave is pushing for it but I won't get my hopes up. In the meantime, sticking it out in the AAC for a few more years until the Big 12 blows up is what has to be done.

-Kevin Ollie: I still support KO but I think his leash is shortening. Some say that this is a make or break year, but I'm giving him at least 2 years to turn things around and improve his in-game coaching.

- Syracuse sucks.

-Fishy is Chief.

I can tell you are a long-time lurker. :D

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Old poster

Farrah_Fawcett_iconic_pinup_1976.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh, also I want to play more games at Gampel than in Hartford.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this in the pizza thread: First and Last in Hartford is great.

Pepe's is the best New Haven pizza, no reason to overthink it.

DC is a pizza desert, it makes me so sad/mad.

Any other important boneyard opinions I need to have?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Oh, also I want to play more games at Gampel than in Hartford.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this in the pizza thread: First and Last in Hartford is great.

Pepe's is the best New Haven pizza, no reason to overthink it.

Any other important boneyard opinions I need to have?

Welcome to the BY! I've lived in DC and concur regarding the lack of quality pizza. In fact, you can draw a line south of DC to Key West and west of DC to the Pacific Ocean and add all of that territory to the pizza desert. Even though I live within that vast pizza wasteland, I am truly blessed to have an oasis about five minutes from my house that has pizza which compares favorably to Conn. Not quite as great, but very close, and the absolute best I've ever had south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

- Syracuse sucks.

-Fishy is Chief.
welcome to the board. don't be thin skinned.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the BY! I've lived in DC and concur regarding the lack of quality pizza. In fact, you can draw a line south of DC to Key West and west of DC to the Pacific Ocean and add all of that territory to the pizza desert. Even though I live within that vast pizza wasteland, I am truly blessed to have an oasis about five minutes from my house that has pizza which compares favorably to Conn. Not quite as great, but very close, and the absolute best I've ever had south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Petes New Haven Pizza moderately reminds me of home but it is a 20 minute drive for me to Arlington. His email list has some pretty good offers too. I'd love to bring some talent down from CT and show all the clowns here what a good pizza looks and taste like.

Reaction Score
A bunch of my friends from CT live here as well and anytime we get together the convo turns to pizza. Someday we'll stop complaining and do something about it...but we dont wanna lose any Italian recruits to Georgetown or anything

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Guapo enters.

Moretti leaves.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Petes New Haven Pizza moderately reminds me of home but it is a 20 minute drive for me to Arlington. His email list has some pretty good offers too. I'd love to bring some talent down from CT and show all the clowns here what a good pizza looks and taste like.

Speaking of Arlington, the other Arlington in TX has a pizza place called Corky's. It's owned by folks who used to have one in E. Hartford. Then they moved to Florida and now the DFW Metroplex. It's supposed to be pretty good. We never made it over there at the Final Four because we were too drunk to make the trip over to the SW corner of Arlington, after our infamous Lot 13 tailgates and all night parties at the Hyatt. If you happen to live in or visit the DFW area, check it out.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Everyone I know from CT who lives anywhere just about anywhere else says pretty much the same thing.

Agree on cuse suckage, but you have to realize that Duke, UNC, KY and ND all suck, too. Only the order of suckitude is really open for debate.

And BC, which sucks almost enough to make the list, but is hindered by the inconsequentiality of its BBall program.

Reaction Score
dos guapo!
dos guapo!
Everyone I know from CT who lives anywhere just about anywhere else says pretty much the same thing.

Agree on cuse suckage, but you have to realize that Duke, UNC, KY and ND all suck, too. Only the order of suckitude is really open for debate.

And BC, which sucks almost enough to make the list, but is hindered by the inconsequentiality of its BBall program.

I agree that all of those schools suck as well. I'm willing to add BC to the outright sucks list due to the off the field issues.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
BC isn't good enough to make that list.

Every time I see statements like this, I completely agree. But then I remember they are inexplicably P5, and I shed a tear.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Every time I see statements like this, I completely agree. But then I remember they are inexplicably P5, and I shed a tear.

That makes them even worse. All the supposed advantages of being in the ACC, and they still aspire to just suck.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Welcome, but I have to say you have horrible timing ;)

unless, of course, you're a foodie too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom