New Paschal Chukwu highlight video | The Boneyard

New Paschal Chukwu highlight video

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Looks to have gotten a lot more aggressive.

Reaction Score
Do we have him coming in for a visit at any point this summer? Seems like he should be a high priority, but sounds like Providence is out to the early lead with him

Reaction Score
We are in great position for a lot of highly thought of guys. Don't care which ones we land aslong as we get 3 or 4.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Providence folks will say he is but who knows. I know coach Ollie has seen him live a few times. My worry comes from his guardian who from what others have said like to push Catholic schools.

Reaction Score
If his guardians are serious Catholics why would they send him to Providence. Or any fake Catholic schools.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Recent article in New London paper quotes Ollie saying combo guard & Power forward are priorities. Wonder where Chuckwu falls in UConn's priority list.

Reaction Score
For what its worth Jerry Meyer has his crystal ball prediction for Paschal to go to Providence. I want him but like Yonick said I dont know if he is a priority.

Reaction Score
A very talented defensive 7 footer who has grown leaps and bounds offensively in the past year and a half with a very high ceiling who is in our backyard?

If this isn't a priority I'm questioning KO.

Reaction Score
Thabeet, Adrien, Robinson......Chukwu, Black/Abu, Facey

just sayin could be something nice we seen before

Reaction Score
CHUKWU=National Championship....This guy is going to be very very special!

In my opinion based on pure speculation. Seen him play several times.

Reaction Score
If this is the kid from prep he has a long way to go, did you see him in the final against hillhouse? he looks great when there is no one in front of him or a guy a foot shorter is taking a shot in front of him . otherwise he did not stop the Hillhouse center/forward ,I can't remember his name, from scoring. He needs a lot of seasoning and to add some weight. the guidance dept at prep will steer him to catholic schools .

Reaction Score
If this is the kid from prep he has a long way to go, did you see him in the final against hillhouse? he looks great when there is no one in front of him or a guy a foot shorter is taking a shot in front of him . otherwise he did not stop the Hillhouse center/forward ,I can't remember his name, from scoring. He needs a lot of seasoning and to add some weight. the guidance dept at prep will steer him to catholic schools .

And we all know no knows more about the NBA than a school guidance counselor!

How did Thabeet or Armstrong look at this age?

Reaction Score

Paschal ate Chase Daniels for lunch all year. Daniels was the Hillhouse center prob 6'8....you're talking about some forward they had in the championship game who was like 6'5. Complete mismatch....he won't be guarding someone like that one on one at the next level.

Reaction Score

I saw him in this game (article below) vs. Hillhouse and against East Hartford.

http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2013/02/05/sports/high_school/doc5111d1e2ab657551259154.txt

Chukwu had sixteen (16) rebounds, (6) six blocks and twelve (12) points in the state final you are referring to. Would 20 rebs and 10 blocks have made you believer?

Next year he will get the 20 rebs and 10 blocks to go along with 18-20 points. The guy is a stud.

My point is he is going to be a great player with the right coaching and system. I think Ollie can deliver the goods with this kid regardless. Ollie is a person of strong faith with a basketball program encompassing tradition and history. That formula is a strong one. I hope we go after this kid harder than any other in the class of 2014.

JMHO....

Reaction Score
Insider's article from ESPN.com.

10 players whose stock could rise in July

7. Pascal Chukwu (Westport, Conn./Fairfield), No. 58
Why he could move up:
Becoming more assertive
When you’re 7-feet tall, there’s always a chance for your stock to rise. What jumps off the page against Chukwu is his length and explosion. He’s another elite shot-blocker in this class sand makes opponents think twice about coming into the lane. He rebounds with length, often tipping the ball to himself, and while his scoring is minimal, he can finish via drop-off passes and lobs. He’s becoming a hot commodity as college coaches will flock to see him throughout July.

Reaction Score
Paschal ate Chase Daniels for lunch all year. Daniels was the Hillhouse center prob 6'8....you're talking about some forward they had in the championship game who was like 6'5. Complete mismatch....he won't be guarding someone like that one on one at the next level.

For some reason, disturbing visions of Jai Lewis and Wil Thomas just crept into my head ....

Reaction Score
Pascal's CBC teammate is coach Ollie's son! Providence, St. John's and Gtwn been recruiting him for 3 years. At the Bronx Rumble Pascal said Kansas, Ohio State, NC State and Purdue are coming at him hard. Watching Pascal play the AAU tourneys is great, he's a HUGE Recruit!
Saw the state champ game video, Pascal's team was coachless, his team lost because of his guards. The freshman and the pg were a joke against the House. Slow over hyped kids, 11 turnovers in the 2nd half can't beat the House! This year Pascal going to be great! UCONN needs Pascal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom