New Orleans

Am taking my wife there for the Tulane game and then some sightseeing., I've been there once and know a little about touring there but would love suggestions. Anyone?

Am taking my wife there for the Tulane game and then some sightseeing., I've been there once and know a little about touring there but would love suggestions. Anyone?
A few questions:
Your age range?
Have you picked out a place to stay yet?
Are you on a tight budget?
Are you and your wife adventuresome diners?
Length of stay?
‘Tis my hometown...I can help.

Thank you for this. We're in our 60s, staying at the Wyndham French Quarter, My wife uses a mobility scooter. Fairly tight budget, and we are not very adventuresome when it come to food. I am thinking maybe taking her over to Frenchmen St. for some music after the game and a gray line (or equivalent tour the day after the game. Thoughts?

First off, you’re going at a good time of year. March is the prettiest month of the year there, when everything is blooming, but even though you’ll be in advance of that, the weather is likely to be quite temperate. In that regard, while your idea of doing some sightseeing by bus, given physical limitations, is smart, should the weather be nice I’d recommend the Hop On Hop Off double-decker tour. It’s well-guided, but offers the open-air option which is very pleasant. Then, even if you’re unable to do much hopping on and off, you’ll get a nice, concentrated tour that hits all the top highlights.
I endorse the Frenchmen St idea for music, especially because of Snug Harbor, a particularly good venue.
New Orleans, eating-wise, is a great place to be, even on a tight budget, because so much of the best food is found in joints. When I say joints, I mean that literally, but, don’t worry...you won’t be disappointed. Great poorboy sandwiches at Domilise’s, corner Annunciation and Bellcastle Sts. The italian Muffaletta sandwich, at Central Grocery on Decatur St in the quarter, near where you’re staying, is to die for. On game day, since you’ll be eating an early, pre-game meal, you might consider stopping at Superior Seafood on St Charles Ave at Napoleon Ave...great happy hour oysters ( for cheap!), good gumbo, etc., then it’s just a bit farther down the Avenue to Tulane.
For dinner one night, if you’d like to try a venue for true New Orleans cuisine at very moderate prices, check out Elizabeth’s Cafe, Chartres St at Gallier St. Truly a joint, but popular and good.
Finally, if you want to splurge a bit more, Brigtsen’s ( bright sens), in an old creole cottage in the Riverbend area, has scrumptious local cuisine. Enjoy your time there...I can’t get there myself til early March.

First off, you’re going at a good time of year. March is the prettiest month of the year there, when everything is blooming, but even though you’ll be in advance of that, the weather is likely to be quite temperate. In that regard, while your idea of doing some sightseeing by bus, given physical limitations, is smart, should the weather be nice I’d recommend the Hop On Hop Off double-decker tour. It’s well-guided, but offers the open-air option which is very pleasant. Then, even if you’re unable to do much hopping on and off, you’ll get a nice, concentrated tour that hits all the top highlights.
I endorse the Frenchmen St idea for music, especially because of Snug Harbor, a particularly good venue.
New Orleans, eating-wise, is a great place to be, even on a tight budget, because so much of the best food is found in joints. When I say joints, I mean that literally, but, don’t worry...you won’t be disappointed. Great poorboy sandwiches at Domilise’s, corner Annunciation and Bellcastle Sts. The italian Muffaletta sandwich, at Central Grocery on Decatur St in the quarter, near where you’re staying, is to die for. On game day, since you’ll be eating an early, pre-game meal, you might consider stopping at Superior Seafood on St Charles Ave at Napoleon Ave...great happy hour oysters ( for cheap!), good gumbo, etc., then it’s just a bit farther down the Avenue to Tulane.
For dinner one night, if you’d like to try a venue for true New Orleans cuisine at very moderate prices, check out Elizabeth’s Cafe, Chartres St at Gallier St. Truly a joint, but popular and good.
Finally, if you want to splurge a bit more, Brigtsen’s ( bright sens), in an old creole cottage in the Riverbend area, has scrumptious local cuisine. Enjoy your time there...I can’t get there myself til early March.
Thank you so much. All the ideas sound really good. We'll definitely try some and report back.