New OL Coach - J.B. Grimes (Cincy/Auburn) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New OL Coach - J.B. Grimes (Cincy/Auburn)

Reaction Score
I like the fact that this was obviously Lashlee's choice. It shows that RE is really going to let RL run the offense.

RE is making all the right moves.
I guess if you were "only" making 1 mil a year in salary you would want to get the smoothest path to those incentive payments. So Why not let the OC get his O line coach. I would imagine that there must be student athletes jumping for joy after these announcements. Almost as much as the fan base and Bone Yarders. GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
There are some lonely seats at the Rent that are going to be happy to finally get some ass. This is the start of something good. Bandwagoners welcome!
It's funny my wife and I were talking about how it will be nice having to wait to leave the lot after games again. You get spoiled by the quick exit but you know it means 5000 were left by the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Wow. And thank you Coach Tuberville for the post-game meltdown that led to your assistants taking your advice to "go get a job" Love that video and understood his frustration but it's all good.

Reaction Score
Looks like a solid hire. What's left? WR and DL coaches?
Looks like Crocker will coach the DL with Wholley coaching the LB's. That leaves WR coach left and someone to take Specials. Cox was STC at Coastal Carolina so he could get that in addition to his DB responsibilities.

Reaction Score
Perhaps we don't hire the allowed number of coaches to pay them More?

Reaction Score
Heck, NCAA is looking to add a 10th hands on/field coach maybe as soon as April.
No,No, No that was "only" if FHCBD was still at UCONN. He would have been there for time management.

Reaction Score
I like the fact that this was obviously Lashlee's choice. It shows that RE is really going to let RL run the offense.

RE is making all the right moves.

This. When we got Lashlee my hope to bring Foley back was all but squashed. I'm 100% in favor of the OC bringing in his own guy. Love the football coaches with southern drawls too.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This. When we got Lashlee my hope to bring Foley back was all but squashed. I'm 100% in favor of the OC bringing in his own guy. Love the football coaches with southern drawls too.

Reaction Score
As small of a thing as it is, I also can't imagine it hurts when recruiting from those areas and trying to convince a southern kid to come live for four years in Storrs, CT.

Reaction Score
Grimes is a very good and well respected coach, albeit a little long in the tooth. He lost one nfl starter and another kid who made an nfl roster coming into Cincy last year so he was looking at a fairly new slate. Cincy/Fickell grabbed WV's oline coach, and as was pointed out Fickell cleaned house.

Reaction Score
Grimes is a very good and well respected coach, albeit a little long in the tooth. He lost one nfl starter and another kid who made an nfl roster coming into Cincy last year so he was looking at a fairly new slate. Cincy/Fickell grabbed WV's oline coach, and as was pointed out Fickell cleaned house.

Cincinnati loss is our GAIN.
Always felt it doesn't hurt to have a little extra motivation and attitude, however superficial, in a game, whether a coach or player

Reaction Score
Some input from Auburn fans on our recent hires:

"The "gus" system requires a different type of blocking scheme. UConn made a great hire in a coach that knows the offense and how to block for it very well. It could be the most important hire made to help Rhett install the new offense at UConn."

"Still have no idea why Malzahn wanted to change o-line coaches last year. JB Grimes did a great job, was loved by his players and was a grossly underpaid assistant coach. He was responsible for getting Braden Smith to sign very late in the recruiting process. Plus, he was and is a five-star man. Herb Hand may start producing all-conference players, but seeing Grimes leave the way he did was difficult to watch."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom