New OL Coach - J.B. Grimes (Cincy/Auburn) | The Boneyard

New OL Coach - J.B. Grimes (Cincy/Auburn)

Reaction Score
Former Auburn assistant coach to join Rhett Lashlee at UConn, per source

>>Rhett Lashlee's offensive staff at UConn will include a former Auburn assistant. J.B. Grimes, who coached Auburn's offensive line from 2013-15, will coach the same position for the Huskies, a source told AL.com. Terms of Grimes' deal were not immediately available and an official announcement is expected on Monday.

Grimes spent the last season at Cincinnati, where he earned $385,000 coaching under former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville along with his son, Nick Grimes, who was the tight ends and H-back coach for the Bearcats. Cincinnati tied for 37th in tackles for loss allowed this past season.

Auburn's offensive line flourished under Grimes, helping lead one of the SEC's top rushing attacks over his last three seasons on the Plains. Auburn was the first team in SEC history to lead the nation in rushing in 2013.<<

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Thanks Medic! This is amazing. By all indications, our coaching staff is going to be lights out! All the other BYers must be glued to the Cowboys-Packers game.

Reaction Score
Thanks Medic! This is amazing. By all indications, our coaching staff is going to be lights out! All the other BYers must be glued to the Cowboys-Packers game.

Ipad...;)

Reaction Score
Former Auburn assistant coach to join Rhett Lashlee at UConn, per source

>>Rhett Lashlee's offensive staff at UConn will include a former Auburn assistant. J.B. Grimes, who coached Auburn's offensive line from 2013-15, will coach the same position for the Huskies, a source told AL.com. Terms of Grimes' deal were not immediately available and an official announcement is expected on Monday.

Grimes spent the last season at Cincinnati, where he earned $385,000 coaching under former Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville along with his son, Nick Grimes, who was the tight ends and H-back coach for the Bearcats. Cincinnati tied for 37th in tackles for loss allowed this past season.

Auburn's offensive line flourished under Grimes, helping lead one of the SEC's top rushing attacks over his last three seasons on the Plains. Auburn was the first team in SEC history to lead the nation in rushing in 2013.<<
I like it!!! Coach Grimes is a gamer. The guy battled cancer and returned to practice six days later. Welcome aboard!!!

Reaction Score
I don't get the game with no cable. But I am siked as well!

Reaction Score
Nice hire...of all the position Assistants Lashlee and Grimes have he most work ahead of them.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
This clip is a few years old but I'm guessing it still provides a great insight into JB Grimes and what we can expect from him and his players, but above all, toughness and character.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Sounds like a great addition. Very exciting!

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
"In 2013, Auburn had the second biggest turnaround in college football history in NCAA records at +8.0 games. "​

New coaches make a difference

During the 2012 season at Arkansas State, Grimes coached an offensive line unit that helped set a school record with 481.8 yards of total offense per game​

Reaction Score
This clip is a few years old but I'm guessing it still provides a great insight into JB Grimes and what we can expect from him and his players, but above all, toughness and character.

Thank you for that clip...toughness and character sounds like a plan to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom