New Moriah Video | The Boneyard

New Moriah Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I didn't see this posted, so here it is:

WOW! She is lightening quick! She also had some nice passes in there too. I loved the bit with the fans at the end! :p

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She's a slender thing, but strong and wiry. i'd not be surprised to see her literally fake someone right out of their shoes. she's equally good at dribbling right or left, can finish with both hands, and the only player i've ever seen deliver no look passes like that was DT. I think Grey of Duke is pretty good with the no look pass, but seriously, a kid still in HS with those kids of skills. just ridiculous.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Moriah has skills that can't be taught. What she doesn't have can be taught. If she's as good a student as I hope she is, she may actually change the game before she graduates.

Reaction Score
There's a reason she's one of the highest rated point guards ever coming out of high school. She's good.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Just wait til you see her in person...ridiculous.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I hope also that she pushes BBanks to improve next season - it may be that a direct challenge from another gifted athlete is what Brianna needs daily.

BB has the natural quickness to be a lethal defender but she not shown that she knows how to stop and/or turn ballhandlers at this level. She prefers to ride them close as they go by. If she doesn't want Mo to embarrass her, she better dial it up !!!

Reaction Score
She looks taller than 5' 7" to me and she looks quick enough to gaurd O. Sims from Baylor.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She looks taller than 5' 7" to me and she looks quick enough to gaurd O. Sims from Baylor.
It's the competition in large part. At the McDs AA game, she looked to be 5'7". She's not tall, but has other physical tools few women's players are endowed with.

Reaction Score
Are you serious?!? This girl is amazing! Loves defense as much as offense. She's gonna be special...already is

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Wonder how she's going to take to playing sleeveless...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Is there a rule in WCBB against wearing a tshirt under the jersey? Alexis Jones also plays with these long sleeved tshirts... perhaps its a Texas thing.

Reaction Score
You would think she would have noticed, but that things like the uniform policy do get over looked. Coaches are so focused on recruiting the player that they don't bring it up, and the player doesn't think to ask. Ben Wallace signed a long term deal with the Chicago Bulls as a free agent without realizing the Bulls had a rule against wearing head bands. Wallace then went on to pout about it, and went as far as trying to sneak on to the court wearing one. His coach then pulled him from the game even though the team had just given Wallace a 60 million dollar contract. This incident sparked a national debate about NBA uniform policies. The Bulls would eventually make an exception for Ben Wallace after Wallace adhered to the team policy for one full NBA season.

About five years later Wallace's teammate with the Detroit Pistons, Richard Hamilton, signed with the Bulls without finding out if he could continue to wear his head band, and when Hamilton asked Wallace about the Bulls Wallace failed to mention the head band policy. The Bulls would decide to allow Hamilton's head band as an exception since he always wears a face mask to protect his nose.

It is a good illustration of how the uniform policy can get lost in the shuffle. And you get players like Swin Cash fighting it and convincing CD to let her wear that silly bow in her hair as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I don't remember a player with her skillset in Storrs. Our 1's haven't gotten into the paint like she does.
Jefferson brings another dimension to the program. Rita had alittle bit of the shake & bake.
Interesting to see what changes the staff makes on the offensive side to use her incredible abilities.

I'm very impressed with her quick hands on D!

Reaction Score
Just caught a major reason to be mindful of the level of competition in these types of videos. Check the defender at 1:47 :rolleyes:

However that doesn't take anything away from the sheer physical ability she displays here

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Just caught a major reason to be mindful of the level of competition in these types of videos. Check the defender at 1:47 :rolleyes:

However that doesn't take anything away from the sheer physical ability she displays here
Goodie if you got it, you got it. MoJeff has shown her talent against other top players.
Playing against lesser teams helps sharpen your craft or areas you need to work on. (FT's, full court defense (indurance), rebounding, guarding bigger (post) players, long ball shooting) <<< things that can be worked on against ANY team.

all that energy burning is great cause its going to be the normal at UConn... if she was dogging it now she would be in shock when she stepped on the courts at Gampel.

All those guys wore sleeves, stockings, headbands etc. in HS, in college they knew they had to take that stuff off. (Tiff's swirly socks, KML's sleeves)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Is there a rule in WCBB against wearing a tshirt under the jersey? Alexis Jones also plays with these long sleeved tshirts... perhaps its a Texas thing.
No it's much more serious than a WCBB rule it is a CD rule.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Goodie if you got it, you got it. MoJeff has shown her talent against other top players.
Playing against lesser teams helps sharpen your craft or areas you need to work on. (FT's, full court defense (indurance), rebounding, guarding bigger (post) players, long ball shooting) <<< things that can be worked on against ANY team.

all that energy burning is great cause its going to be the normal at UConn... if she was dogging it now she would be in shock when she stepped on the courts at Gampel.

All those guys wore sleeves, stockings, headbands etc. in HS, in college they knew they had to take that stuff off. (Tiff's swirly socks, KML's sleeves)

I'm just suggesting caution and recognition that the quality of team and face up D is vastly different in athleticism and discipline at the Div I level. Folks were talking about the same type of enthusiasm for Brianna's speed and handle last summer. Give the kid the chance to come in and establish herself before raising the expectations too high. Tat said she is incredibly quick and gifted.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm just suggesting caution and recognition that the quality of team and face up D is vastly different in athleticism and discipline at the Div I level. Folks were talking about the same type of enthusiasm for Brianna's speed and handle last summer. Give the kid the chance to come in and establish herself before raising the expectations too high. Tat said she is incredibly quick and gifted.
my comment wasnt to anything you suggested.

I never ever expect any kid to shine bright the day they step on campus. Maya may have spoiled some but not me.

if you got talent you got it... the issue is does Geno think you have it to be on his team or play in the game that he's coaching. As mentioned, Banks & Lauren can go anywhere and display their talent... very few slouches on any of these team but can they bring it together as a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom