New Mexico State Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Mexico State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Allen made ridiculous 3s. He is shooting 32.7% from 3 this year.
UConn unis brings the best out of opponents. He knew we were blue blood, he taunted us at the end of the game. He was on a mission, unlike our players.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Their guys couldn’t miss our guys couldn’t make

the worst three point shooting team in the tourny, one of the worst in the country, couldn't miss

Allen was out of this world. Sometimes somebody just plays better than you. Our defense wasn't bad, their one on one shooting was better

Reaction Score
This team came out with absolutely no energy, almost like they didn’t want to be there. Don’t they know that this tourney is a fight for your survival. In my opinion, Martin got schooled all night by Allen and the refs bailed Allen out a few times. Also I know some people may say Hurley, but the lethargic start was Cole’s fault. He played his ass off in the second half, but he played waaaay to relaxed in the first half and the team followed suit. Also Cole dug us out of our hole but he also makes poor decisions at critical times. Sanogo has been off both of the tournament games. He missed a lot and just was off during these last two games. I know we won’t necessarily be better without the seniors, but I want to move on and get better talent and higher BBIQ players.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hurley needs to look in the mirror this off season. Plain and simple. If he ever wants to get this program to the next level some fundamental things need to change. The roster construction this year was terrible. 1 legitimate guard is never going to win in March. Ever

Reaction Score
Teddy Allen vs UConn smh don’t understand how we let one person beat us !!! Hurley don’t use a timeout when Cole being doubled on the sideline which led to 3 points …. Just unbelievable

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
the worst three point shooting team in the tourny, one of the worst in the country, couldn't miss

Allen was out of this world. Sometimes somebody just plays better than you. Our defense wasn't bad, their one on one shooting was better
Yup - 65% from 3, 100% from the line and a ton of tough shots in their

Reaction Score
We got what we deserved. Average players. Average coach. Love anybody who puts on a UCONN jersey. This is our reality right now. It could be worse.

Reaction Score
Allen made ridiculous 3s. He is shooting 32.7% from 3 this year.
Good players step up when it matters the most. Soft players crumble when it matters the most. No shows from a lot of players tonight

Reaction Score
The unfortunate thing…..absolutely UNFORTUNATE thing….is that we all KNOW Hurley will eventually get canned, because he simply cannot coach (and if you’re still defending him- please stop watching basketball). But he’s gonna make us wait. 2-3 more years? How much longer until we have to start this thing all over again?

We can’t fire him right now because of the lift out of the AAC.

But it’s clear- he is not a winner. He does not have it in him. He cannot coach.

We better be right in 2-3 more years on the hire.

I’ll hang up and listen.
LOL - Hurley has taken us from the dumpster to a perennial tourney team. The wins will come. We played great D on Allen and he hit some incredible shots, not much you can do. It sucks right now but the immediate overreactions after the game are hysterical

Reaction Score
I feel for the fans that made the trip to support the team. I don't know who to put this on, the coaches for a lousy game plan, some of the players for not executing.

It doesn't really matter right now, but you have to feel for the faithful that went to Buffalo and probably won't want to stick around for the rest of the games. Feel sick to my stomach

Reaction Score

Their defense is what got them the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer