New Logo | The Boneyard

New Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It looks like this will be the new logo.

I liked the old non-aggressive one, but that is just one man's opinion.
Looks more like a malamute than a husky. Are they going to dye the living Jonathan to match? Have to update the mascot suit as well.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
A bunch of people I know are already butt hurt about it. It's just the logo. If you were a real fan the logo wouldn't matter one iota. That said, of this is the logo, I really like it.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the new logo. However, it looks like UConn kind of ripped off their neighbors in Boston at Northeastern...

husky%20head.jpg

Reaction Score
Underwhelmed. Was much more excited when the Block "C" first made an appearance (though I think UConn is correct in shelving it and focusing on the UCONN brand).

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the new logo. However, it looks like UConn kind of ripped off their neighbors in Boston at Northeastern...

husky%20head.jpg

No, it doesn't. I don't even know what the hell that looks like! A pokemon perhaps?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I like the Husky rendition in the upper left hand corner of SB nation. More serious. Don't like the smile in the rendition on the shirt. Too much of a caricature. Also I was told that a pure bread Husky is mostly white but has black on the back. Is this accurate? If so, why does UConn have a Husky mongrel and not a Husky pure bread dog?

Reaction Score
I like the Husky rendition in the upper left hand corner of SB nation. More serious. Don't like the smile in the rendition on the shirt. Too much of a caricature. Also I was told that a pure bread Husky is mostly white but has black on the back. Is this accurate? If so, why does UConn have a Husky mongrel and not a Husky pure bread dog?
According to the American Kennel club, Siberian Huskies can be any color. the International Siberian Husky club also says that. Apparently their are even two different shades of white, White and Isabelle White. The one shown on this alleged new logo looks more like a grey Siberian. they tend to have masks in that pattern I think.

Reaction Score
Why not trace this dog? The new one appears to be smiling, and not in a hungry type of way.

Siberian%20Husky-4%20yo-White%20and%20Black-1201708095.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
According to the American Kennel club, Siberian Huskies can be any color. the International Siberian Husky club also says that. Apparently their are even two different shades of white, White and Isabelle White. The one shown on this alleged new logo looks more like a grey Siberian. they tend to have masks in that pattern I think.
siberian_husky.jpg

Should have checked it out myself. Thanks

siberian_husky.jpg

Picture from the AKC site. Dog on left has the expression of the new logo with the coloring coming from the middle dog. My interpretation of the three dogs from left to right are happy, contemplative and I'm going to rip your face off.

Reaction Score
UConnHusky-Logo.jpg

I guess this is it - now that the cat's out of the bag, it's already been put up as the header on UConn's website:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/index-main.html

Personally, I'm fine with it. Not overly-aggressive looking, but it doesn't need to be. Looks okay. This does look a lot more like a Siberian Husky with grey markings - a departure from our traditional all-white Jonathan.

This would work on the football helmets, and should translate well across all UConn sports teams. Good job by Nike.

Reaction Score
I like it and my wife and kids are kind of neutral. I would say it is neither bad nor exceptional.

In retrospect, our old Husky was unique and the new logo, along with other husky logos out there, all seem similar.

Reaction Score
Kind of embarrassing to even do this, has UK, UT, UNC, IU or Kansas done this recently? Or Puke or even BCU?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kind of embarrassing to even do this, has UK, UT, UNC, IU or Kansas done this recently? Or Puke or even BCU?

Depends. Is Nike doing their Unis? No idea mind you.

As long as it doesn't look like , I'm fine with it.

Reaction Score
Most schools have changed or tweaked their logos over the years. The new logo is good, have you seen how tty so many of the other schools logos and mascots are?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConnHusky-Logo.jpg

I guess this is it - now that the cat's out of the bag, it's already been put up as the header on UConn's website:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/index-main.html

Personally, I'm fine with it. Not overly-aggressive looking, but it doesn't need to be. Looks okay. This does look a lot more like a Siberian Husky with grey markings - a departure from our traditional all-white Jonathan.

This would work on the football helmets, and should translate well across all UConn sports teams. Good job by Nike.

Now that I've seen it with the red outline and light blue eyes I really really like it. Vastly improved over the prior logo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro