New Jalen Gaffney highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Jalen Gaffney highlights

Reaction Score
Seems to have the ability to get anywhere on the court he wants. Very fluid player. It will be interesting to see if his quickness translates. He is a little free with his off arm, tends to push off a little bit. His court awareness looks pretty good. I get Jalen comments as he bends and twists his body like Jalen avoiding contact in the lane. He definitely does look like a great young player.

Reaction Score
Love watching them, but I 'dislike' mixtapes. It took me a few years, but I have learned how to enjoy them as mostly fiction, with a dash of reality.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A lot of the highlights were drives where he was allowed a lane to the left side of the rim -- presumably to force him that way as he apparently hates shooting left handed -- instead of shooting left handed, he used an awkward looking right handed reverse english shot. Obviously, we don't get to see the misses on highlight videos, but there were enough makes shown (including a couple scoops from chest high that looked close to impossible to put reverse spin on to me) that we've got to assume he makes them at a decent clip. The one left hander he put up on the video looked Dr. J-ish. Like he thought it up under duress while airborne.
His tendency to use a scoop shot in traffic may bite him in the butt against D1 interior players.
Very quick getting off a jumper. Catch and shoot threes in particular look like money. There was one long two (about the 3:15 mark) off a 360°spin to create space that was very impressive.
Not sure how anyone can not be happy with this get.

Reaction Score
We all know there is more to come. We read every day about in home visits etc, etc. This is not news, just common sense.

Reaction Score
Most important element is Sal. He is incredible. The team would run through a wall for him. The vibe in the s&c program is much more professional.

I would imagine a few coaches--including edsall--are kicking themselves for not taking a risk on him.

Second part is that we have updated equipment and technology. I don't know what half the stuff is tbh
Force plates, imaging systems and all that.

I guess theres probably some other programs that are AS good. But it would be a tall order to top what ucmbb has going.
His history suggests otherwise

Reaction Score
On another note, has anyone heard a peep about Kepnang? I think he's the center on Westtown and we were rumored to be interested at one point.

Reaction Score
The thing that I love about this kid is his pace and polish with his shot around the rim. It appears that he has a great ability to finish around the rim.

pj

Reaction Score
On another note, has anyone heard a peep about Kepnang? I think he's the center on Westtown and we were rumored to be interested at one point.

He's class of 2021. Two years to go on him. His offer picture may clarify this summer, but don't look for a lot of news until junior year visits.

Reaction Score
Love watching them, but I 'dislike' mixtapes. It took me a few years, but I have learned how to enjoy them as mostly fiction, with a dash of reality.
Does anyone else feel like they speed up the tapes a tick to make him look faster? Like, just enough to not look blatant.

That's a smuggler's trick

Reaction Score
Does anyone else feel like they speed up the tapes a tick to make him look faster? Like, just enough to not look blatant.

That's a smuggler's trick

Most mixtapes do this. I look like John wall in mine. The secret is I haven't played D since 2008

Reaction Score
Gaffney does go left, he just likes to finish with the right hand. Definitely stronger going right.

Reaction Score
And maybe just a little longer shorts.

Yep and tuck in your shirt :oops: lol

I think he looks a ton like Jalen Adams at this point. Maybe it’s all of those finishes with the right hand from the left side. I do think he has what looks to be a better stroke and hops as well. Will be special just hope he gives Alosi more time than JA would have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom