New Jalen Gaffney highlights | The Boneyard

New Jalen Gaffney highlights

Reaction Score
Will be shocked if Gaffney doesn't go down as one of the many great UConn lead guards. Plays above the rim, pretty good outside shooter already, great finisher with spin, even made a tough lefty shot in there so he can do it although he seemingly never does. I trust Coach Hurley and Co. on that one. Really looks to be a stellar athlete.

Since he was such a big priority, over higher ranked guys like Wong, etc. that had interest in us, I believe he'll be a grinder like Hurley and maximize his potential.

I'm not a glass half-full guy that often, but tough not to be watching Jalen's highlights throughout the year.

Reaction Score
Very physically impressive. He's long, athletic, getting stronger fast, and an excellent one foot jumper.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
another great post. thank you. and for the actual ballers out there, check out at 1:36-'something special.'

Reaction Score
Impressive highlights. Agree with another poster saying he reminds him of Jalen Adams athletically and with his set shot from outside. One thing is he has a lot quicker release when he is shooting coming off a screen. Going to be a good one. A little shorter than I thought but definitely not as skinny as people mentioned here.

Reaction Score
This Gaffney/Bouk/Akok class is gonna do big things.
It really is crazy that this will be our first real talent infusion since the top five or whatever they called themselves. We had 3 recruiting classes without a top 100 player and now have 3 incoming, very promising sign for the future.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of an old school guard in that he knows how to get to the rim and use body and angles for layups/finger rolls. Love that. No highlights going to his left so that is tbd. Pretty smooth set shot from outside. Very good skill set with high upside as he gets stronger and matures. Anyone know about his D?

Reaction Score
Reminds me of an old school guard in that he knows how to get to the rim and use body and angles for layups/finger rolls. Love that. No highlights going to his left so that is tbd. Pretty smooth set shot from outside. Very good skill set with high upside as he gets stronger and matures. Anyone know about his D?
If Hurley recruited him, I assume he can play D. #TrustTheProcess

Reaction Score
He looks to be very much under control with the ball in his hands. I wonder if some people look at it and see a lack of explosiveness.

The opposite actually. Very athletic but lacks some ballhandling. A high IQ passer too. Not chris paul or anything, but he knows how to run an offense.

I think he'll be dunking in traffic by year two. Our strength program is one of, if not the best in the country right now.

A few of you know why I may have a slight bias on this one. But I'm sticking to my guns haha

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Our strength program is one of, if not the best in the country right now.

I don't doubt it, but can you elaborate on why you believe this to be the case?

Reaction Score
I don't doubt it, but can you elaborate on why you believe this to be the case?

Most important element is Sal. He is incredible. The team would run through a wall for him. The vibe in the s&c program is much more professional.

I would imagine a few coaches--including edsall--are kicking themselves for not taking a risk on him.

Second part is that we have updated equipment and technology. I don't know what half the stuff is tbh
Force plates, imaging systems and all that.

I guess theres probably some other programs that are AS good. But it would be a tall order to top what ucmbb has going.

Reaction Score
I am seeing some similar Jalen attributes. I'll take another Jalen under Hurley with that incoming class all day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom