New Jalen Gaffney Highlights | The Boneyard

New Jalen Gaffney Highlights

Reaction Score
More excited for Gaffney then bouknight. I think both will be impact players and have solid freshmen years but something about Gaffney's game just screams hes will be leader and best player on the team in 2 years. Plus he loves to defend.

Reaction Score
He looks happy on the floor. Like a kid that really loves basketball. Our best guards (El Amin, Kemba, Shabazz) had that.
So important that the leader is positive and bringing people up. Always felt like that was a major issue for DHam. When things got tough, his expressions matched his coach’s.

Reaction Score
Love the ease with which he threw it down - looked long and graceful.
Love the deep 3.
Looks like a smooth, natural, tall, coordinated, confident, aware player.
It's going to be nice to have one of those . . . it seems like forever and ago since we did . . . .

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Was the opponent in the video Indiana? I saw red unis and 5 white guys.
At the tail end of the video, literally the last couple seconds, there is a really tall dude standing in the background. Wonder who that is?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also see someone who will need more muscle so he doesn't get physically pounded.
Sal: Takeover.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Irony of the song being about lifting weights? In all seriousness, he’s gonna be a good one.

Reaction Score
He’s got great body control while finishing with contact around the rim. He can handle the basketball and stroke it from deep. Kid is very talented.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I also see someone who will need more muscle so he doesn't get physically pounded.
Sal: Takeover.
This. He is so physically young and yet so gifted. Imagine what he'll be like as upperclassman.

Reaction Score
He may not score as much as JA but I think he will be the better player when his career is done here. This is not a knock on Adams but more about big expectations for Gaffney.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I liked the stop and go, heads up drives. Shows he’s reading the D. Liked the hops, and even better, the horizontal movement. That creates space for the shot. Didn’t like the unwillingness and/or inability to use the L hand. That needs work. Still, can be really good, especially as a soph. But the Ja Morant comparison is, shall we say, optimistic?

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
He STRONGLY prefers his right. Teams in college are going to force him left, needs to work on that. But other than that he’s a player should get big minutes off the bench year 1.
Jalen Adams never used his left hand all four years and he’s top 10 all time in scoring.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams never used his left hand all four years and he’s top 10 all time in scoring.

JalenA could dribbe-ish with his left. Just couldn't go north/south with the ball. JalenG struggles using his left AT ALL. Knowing Hurley's expectations, he'll be significantly better by October. Just need him to be able to avoid traps and hard hedges with a left this year.

Reaction Score
JalenA could dribbe-ish with his left. Just couldn't go north/south with the ball. JalenG struggles using his left AT ALL. Knowing Hurley's expectations, he'll be significantly better by October. Just need him to be able to avoid traps and hard hedges with a left this year.
Not sure where this is coming from, from what I've seen his left is no worse than Jalen Adams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom