New helmets finalized.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New helmets finalized....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Right. Because gimmicks like, I don't know, a blue field, will mean your team will never win anything.

Moron.

Right. Lets compare UConn a tier 1 public university to Boise State. Bring on the clowns and funny cars...you can lead the way.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like it. Sharp looking, distinctive. I can't wait for the first kickoff. Let's begin the season!
Oh good grief! Can we get any more bush league? Well at least Maryland doesn't have the worst helmets in college football anymore.
I love these two posts back to back.

CL82

Reaction Score
Freescooter knows how I feel deep down. Damn it, I've been exposed.

Time to add him to the ignore list. I keep forgetting to stop wasting time on useless people.
lol That's a pet peeve of mine as well when another poster tells you how you feel or what your motivation is. "Just worry about posting your own coherent opinion, chief."

Reaction Score
I guess what I can't understand is the people that bitch simultaneously about UCONN being in the "land of steady habits" and "not being aggressive in the media" and "being gimicky" with the uniforms and "being too old" and "being too young" all without taking a breath.

I wish we had a time machine also and went back in time and turned ourselves into Alabama but I live in the real world.

When HFD says we can't appeal to youngsters because we went with a clip art logo and helmet and wordmark when those same kids spend their time watching The Cleveland Show or Family Guy I really can't understand what the people want?

I just want to see some great football play against quality opponents, because UConn has the stuff to be there in the mix. The rest is just "hey, look over here" don't mind the conference problem and that the program went off the rails. I hope more than anything P with Weist can really get things turned. This is a great year with some excellent games which could redefine our trajectory. I like the old C because we are the University of the State of Connecticut and we can and will punch you in the mouth (at least in the old days).

Reaction Score
there is a difference between being hip and trying to appeal to a younger fanbase, and looking foolish. This crapo design is like an overweight 50 year old wearing a tight short suit with a skinny tie and thinking it makes him hip.

I'm curious, besides going to "at least one UConn game a year since 1971," makes you qualified to decide what's hip and appeals to a younger fanbase.

Well, besides your nonstop complaining. In that sense, you're exactly like young people on Facebook. I bet your newsfeed is really riveting stuff about how Burger King messed up your sandwich again and they should just go ahead and declare bankruptcy now.

Reaction Score
I like the helmet, the red outline kinda makes it pop. Curious to see how it works with the blue top, though -- I've never been a huge fan of the "white helmet with colored shirt" look, but I'm open to being totally off on that one.

Reaction Score
Yes, everything is great. The helmets are awesome. The AAC is awesome too. P has been great too. There, happy. We can all cj as one big back slapping group.

Clearly you miss the point. I assume because YOU don't like the helmets I should stop supporting the team and the school. Right?

If we were 11-2 last year and on the way to the ACC nobody would give a about the logo and the helmets. It is just something else to prove the thesis that you already have. We suck.

Reaction Score
J187Money,

there is a difference between being hip and trying to appeal to a younger fanbase, and looking foolish. This crapo design is like an overweight 50 year old wearing a tight short suit with a skinny tie and thinking it makes him hip. It only makes him look foolish. that's what we did. As to your point about Nike, they have had lots of misses, too. They just don't advertise those. The Nike Ovidian for example. The Arizona State uniforms with the Chicago Gang logo...

I get that. And I don't know how I feel about the helmets. I don't hate them. But I loved the block C.

It just gets hard because people talk out of both sides of their mouths on this. And mostly it is just their opinion. With zero actual expertise.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Here's the thing, art, you're a pretty bright guy and a big fan and deep down you know we're right. You're just too loyal , kind of a my team right or wrong guy. Warde Manuel is driving this program in particular over a friggin' cliff . He didn't have the stones to fire Pasqualoni when he clearly isn't up to the task. Replacing the OC is fine as far as it goes, but how many times has that turned a team around? How many P5 games has he scheduled? Exactly zero at this point. At least he didn't schedule a football game he didn't schedule a basketball game to conflict with a football game. Oops! Football only plays 1 time per week, yet this dope schedules a hoop game. And what's really bizarre about it. Its a FRIDAY night! So it isn't like we can play 1 at 12 and one at 8 so if your really want to make the trip it is possible. We have exactly 1 Friday night game...1... so its not like the big dope could have gotten confused...1 Friday game, its against a good team and its at home...and we schedule against ourselves. It's against Louisville, so it will likely be against a ranked team and it should have been an angry crowd. How is it even possible to do that? Or was he just so excited to play Maryland, that's right Maryland, that he just said yes to whatever they put in front of him. But at least its in Madison Square...oh wait, its in Brooklyn... And these helmets are the cherry on top of incompetence. People are laughing, making fun of UConn. We look not even D3, not even high school. Bluedog is right, these look like something by Playtime toys. The guy has done more damage in his brief tenure than Hathaway did in 10 years.

Why don't you tell why Ollie isn't the right choice for basketball or make up sh#t like you admittted you do.

Reaction Score
Right. Lets compare UConn a tier 1 public university to Boise State. Bring on the clowns and funny cars...you can lead the way.

A high pct of this board would trade their left and right nuts to be ranked every year regardless if that turned us into a commuter school.

Funny when I brought up how funny it was that people were agog about KSU I nearly had to go into hiding as if KSU was the model that led us to D1.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
So embarrassed by a helmet you won't attend games? Cheezus, could you get any more dramatic? I sometimes agree with what yiu say even when the rest of the board is up in arms, but not attending games because you don't like the helmets is like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum. Grow a pair for crying out loud.

It's his time of the month

Reaction Score
Here's the thing, art, you're a pretty bright guy and a big fan and deep down you know we're right. You're just too loyal , kind of a my team right or wrong guy. Warde Manuel is driving this program in particular over a friggin' cliff . He didn't have the stones to fire Pasqualoni when he clearly isn't up to the task. Replacing the OC is fine as far as it goes, but how many times has that turned a team around? How many P5 games has he scheduled? Exactly zero at this point. At least he didn't schedule a football game he didn't schedule a basketball game to conflict with a football game. Oops! Football only plays 1 time per week, yet this dope schedules a hoop game. And what's really bizarre about it. Its a FRIDAY night! So it isn't like we can play 1 at 12 and one at 8 so if your really want to make the trip it is possible. We have exactly 1 Friday night game...1... so its not like the big dope could have gotten confused...1 Friday game, its against a good team and its at home...and we schedule against ourselves. It's against Louisville, so it will likely be against a ranked team and it should have been an angry crowd. How is it even possible to do that? Or was he just so excited to play Maryland, that's right Maryland, that he just said yes to whatever they put in front of him. But at least its in Madison Square...oh wait, its in Brooklyn... And these helmets are the cherry on top of incompetence. People are laughing, making fun of UConn. We look not even D3, not even high school. Bluedog is right, these look like something by Playtime toys. The guy has done more damage in his brief tenure than Hathaway did in 10 years.

Serious question. Post links please. Who is laughing? Who is making fun? Anyone that actually matters?

We make all kinds of fun about RU. Do they care? Not a bit.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Serious question. Post links please. Who is laughing? Who is making fun? Anyone that actually matters?

We make all kinds of fun about RU. Do they care? Not a bit.
It's one of those things where someone like freescooter has an opinion so strong they assume half the world shares it, it's so ingrained it doesn't even occur to them that other people disagreeing or just not caring is a possibility. You might be able to round up opinions from Rutgers or Cuse fans who have disparaging things to say about the logo or unis, but that's only because those are pathetic people who have nothing better to do than berate UConn for no particular reason. All of the media reactions I've seen from college football reporters and bloggers after the new logo was unveiled- aside from theuconnblog who is not a disinterested party - has been either neutral or positive. But in freescooter's mind, everybody from Dan Patrick to Dan Rather is apoplectic over the logo that looks like a wolf and are currently lining up behind him to storm the president's house in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I'm curious, besides going to "at least one UConn game a year since 1971," makes you qualified to decide what's hip and appeals to a younger fanbase.

Well, besides your nonstop complaining. In that sense, you're exactly like young people on Facebook. I bet your newsfeed is really riveting stuff about how Burger King messed up your sandwich again and they should just go ahead and declare bankruptcy now.

I might add that if you went to a game prior to us being D1 you were wasting time. I went to one game when I was on campus (1989-1993) my freshman year and after comparing it to Camp Randall where I went a lot growing up I realized that we were a joke and there was zero point in going to a game.

Since we went D1 I've been to every home game and every bowl and at least 1-2 road games a year.

What most of you fail to realize is that it was always going to take 20 years to get there. But we had a great start so people got greedy. Go ahead and bitch about helmets. Then go to Camp Randall. Or some other place where they actually give a *{?% and then get a clue.

What was great about our ascendancy in hoops was that we were all along for the ride. Euphoria. Heartbreak. Anger. Etc. It was awesome. And we took the stairs.

Now we feel we earned respect. Not on the gridiron. *~€* the dumb . Get to work. Win. If you win you could go on the field with loincloths and leather helmets.

CL82

Reaction Score
I like the helmet much better with the red outline but I agree we know for sure until we see them on the field. I think it will look pretty cool on the line of scrimage....and even better in the endzone.

Reaction Score
Have never been a fan of white helmets. It makes a uniform look incomplete in my perception. Didn't like them in the 70's or 80's. UConn switched to Blue helmets in the 90s. Sorry to see the team go retro. But they better win in whatever they wear.

sdhusky

Reaction Score

I would take their football success.

In a heart beat.

Or you can pretend we are in the SEC and are named Alabama.

I prefer the real world.

sdhusky

Reaction Score
lol That's a pet peeve of mine as well when another poster tells you how you feel or what your motivation is. "Just worry about posting your own coherent opinion, chief."

You just say its a pet peeve, Actually, you like it.

Reaction Score
The guy has done more damage in his brief tenure than Hathaway did in 10 years.
Freescooter you have to be kidding me with this statement! Why do you think we are on the outside looking in right now in CR...Hathaway had a HUGE hand in that...did you read Courant article about Beau Archibald recently...no Compliance Officer under Hathaway! ZERO facility improvements under Hathaway! Herbst, Pendergast, and Manuel raised in just over 18 months what Hathaway couldn't even dream about in 10 yrs to get hoops facility built! Men's hockey upgrading to HE and HUGE improvements to on-campus facilities including ice arena, baseball/softball fields, soccer stadium...p,ease don't tell me this was all under way and started by Hathaway...he SUCKED!!! Coaches and athletes at UCONN won in spite of that D**K!!!

Reaction Score
That is the craziest decal application I've ever seen on a helmet. Crazier than the Birmingham Bolts of the XFL.

XFLBIR.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
You just say its a pet peeve, Actually, you like it.
"Just worry about posting your own coherent opinion, chief.";)

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Maybe UCONN can start a tradition of wearing the white helmets 99% of the time and save a blue helmet for a "big" game, ala Notre Dame and their green jerseys and Nebraska's black jerseys? All sorts of possibilities with the new uniforms!

Reaction Score
Like the front. Hate the back. If we win games I'll buy a replica.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's my two cents (that nobody wanted): I think the helmets stink, and I think it might be even worse if they do the white helmet with the blue uniform, as has been mentioned in the thread. HOWEVER, I know that the object of the original poster was not to rekindle the controversy, but rather to keep pumping more enthusiasm into the fanbase in preparation of what I believe will be a fantastic season. So in that spirit, f#$k what I think about the helmets, and LET'S GO HUSKIES...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom