OT: - New Haven Firefighter killed in fire | The Boneyard

OT: New Haven Firefighter killed in fire

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Another fallen hero
My heart goes out to his family, friends and colleagues
These folks - the military, police, firefighters, border security, etc. - they put their life on the line when they do their jobs yet there are some folks who don't who will always find ways to minimize their contributions.

Reaction Score
Very tragic, I know one of the firefighters who graduated with him and was in the fire with him. So sad, prayers for all involved.

Reaction Score
It's quite amazing that so few firefighters die given the danger of the job. Even responding to vehicle accidents is super-dangerous with the way people drive. When I was a kid, a fire in an old abandoned factory killed two firefighters, which I think were the only deaths in the history of the department. People are still affected by that tragedy today. A relative of mine was friends with one of the firefighter's wives and was on the phone with her when the operator interrupted the call because the fire department was trying to reach her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very sorry to hear this.

Reaction Score
Running into a burning building to me takes immense courage. Something I would be petrified to do.
Etched forever in my memory is an interview with a guy from Oxford who worked in the towers on 9/11
He recounted as he and his coworkers were hurriedly trying to evacuate the building they passed a NYFD Company heading in the other direction. I believe every man in that company perished.
My heart goes out to the family of the fallen hero and may he Rest In Peace . These guys are special.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Second firefighter from New Haven to pass this week.

My prayers are with his wife who is pregnant and leaves a little girl behind :(

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Brutal.

We had a bad fire here in Buffalo a few years back and it was my mother’s good friends twin sons who died in the line of duty. A few cousins and friends are BFD and it was a really tough situation.

On top of the obvious, being a father to 2 young boys gives me incredible sadness when seeing these stories, more than before if that’s possible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom