New grid alert | The Boneyard

New grid alert

Reaction Score
9451717C-9BD1-4470-8228-75CB28E2F6D7.jpeg

Reaction Score
Wild roster rebuild. Will be interesting to see which of our lead guys this year will be able to make the leap to the pros to open up the last couple roster spots.

Reaction Score
No, next year has 15 excluding those guys.
Correct, which would mean 2 guys have to leave. My post is referring to Get A Job's post saying we need 4 guys with eligibility remaining to leave, which includes Newton and Alleyne

Reaction Score
Hawkins and Sanogo but Jackson? Unless his shooting form changed over the summer (and it never does). He will leave UCONN to play G league or overseas?
If he hits at a decent clip this year again (and on higher volume) his form won’t matter. Worked out ok for Shawn Marion. Also teams won’t be able to pass up on his athleticism and defensive abilities.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hawkins and Sanogo but Jackson? Unless his shooting form changed over the summer (and it never does). He will leave UCONN to play G league or overseas?
I've seen all three on various mocks, although only Hawkins appears anywhere in 1st round.

Reaction Score
Yeah, we're two over the limit for next year, but between grad transfers, regular transfers, and the chance of someone leaving early for the NBA or Europe, these things work themselves out.

Reaction Score
If we get into a situation where enough people decide to come back that we are over the limit, what are our options? “Nudge” Springs or the international folks to transfer?

Can’t imagine the staff didn’t think through all these scenarios before sending out the offers, but I genuinely don’t know the options at that point

Reaction Score
If we get into a situation where enough people decide to come back that we are over the limit, what are our options? “Nudge” Springs or the international folks to transfer?

Can’t imagine the staff didn’t think through all these scenarios before sending out the offers, but I genuinely don’t know the options at that point
Yeah politely help some guys find a new team that would be at the bottom of the roster, which would be very unlike Hurley to do that. Which should ease the worry we end up in that situation, he's talking to these guys every day and will have a much better read on their plans than us here blindly speculating

Reaction Score
Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz can't shoot either. And my overseas career comment was about the two Europeans that we brought in. I'm sure the staff will reassess with them at the end of this year about what is best for their future. If they have a good year and Hurley thinks they can eventually break into the rotation then they'll stick around. If not, then it wouldn't shock me to see them go back home and just play professionally. They're basically glorified walk-ons for us this year...good bodies to have in practice but there is zero chance either of them see the court in meaningful minutes

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm less concerned about too many schollies. That'll work itself out. I'm just hoping that when it shakes out we have the right guys for an (second) NC run.
FIFY

Reaction Score
Wild roster rebuild. Will be interesting to see which of our lead guys this year will be able to make the leap to the pros to open up the last couple roster spots.
That's not the only possibility. Without speculating on names, on any roster there are also players not in the coaches plans who may be told that to cause them to look elsewhere to open up the spots.

Reaction Score
I don't think comparing Jackson to Fultz or Simmons is fair. I see your point, but they were both a hell of a lot better players and two years younger when they were drafted.

Jackson will get picked up by a team in the mid or late first round. Someone is going to be willing to take the bet that with a couple years with a full time shooting coach he'll have NBA starter potential. Too athletic and skilled at 6'7 to not take that risk.
I think his offense would need to be significantly improved this year to go in the first round. If teams were that high on his upside they would've taken that risk by now.

Reaction Score
I feel like untapped freak athleticism is usually a 1st/2nd year thing that NBA scouts will take a risk on. AJax is going into his junior year and now he’s the leader on the team, so he’ll be judged and scouted accordingly. Unless he’s a high 30s - 40+% 3P shooter on higher volume, I don’t think he sniffs the first round. His selling point is 6’6 hyper athletic 3&D floor general. It ticks a lot of boxes

If he averages 10/8/8 on high efficiency, he’s got a shot to be drafted. But he’s getting older for college standards. Whether it’s fair or not, scouts will expect a more refined game as the years go on

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom