new Gampel video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

new Gampel video

Reaction Score
I like Gampel. I think it's iconic. Pretty sure we won 4 NCs while playing there. Not sure how long a commercial roof is supposed to last. I suppose they could have designed a box with trussed I beams and an EPDM roof. Yippie. And it converts to an on-campus Home Depot when they kick us out of the AAC.
I like Gampel. Got about 30 years out of the first roof, albeit with some wear and tear on the inside membrane. Fix that issue, get the job done, and you're good for another 30 years and another 4 NCs.
Gampel is a huge part of UConn basketball. I hope it's there when they bury me.

Reaction Score
I like Gampel. I think it's iconic. Pretty sure we won 4 NCs while playing there. Not sure how long a commercial roof is supposed to last. I suppose they could have designed a box with trussed I beams and an EPDM roof. Yippie. And it converts to an on-campus Home Depot when they kick us out of the AAC.
I like Gampel. Got about 30 years out of the first roof, albeit with some wear and tear on the inside membrane. Fix that issue, get the job done, and you're good for another 30 years and another 4 NCs.
Gampel is a huge part of UConn basketball. I hope it's there when they bury me.

Not really sure anyone disagrees with you here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to the intros/pre-game video. I'm confident that they are going make use of what is in essence an IMAX screen.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the lighting is changing again as part of this?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They should bring in Chris Kuroda from Phish to set up the lights. He could blow minds with that ceiling.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the lighting is changing again as part of this?

All new LED lighting was installed prior to last season to meet new NCAA television standards. Received a huge rebate from Eversource due to the upgrade.

Reaction Score
All new LED lighting was installed prior to last season to meet new NCAA television standards. Received a huge rebate from Eversource due to the upgrade.

Yeah I knew that, thought they should either make it true theatre lighting or go back to full lighting. Oh well! Not an issue I'm passionate about

Reaction Score
Yeah I knew that, thought they should either make it true theatre lighting or go back to full lighting. Oh well! Not an issue I'm passionate about

NCAA does really want full lighting during game action so the lighting is concentrated/focused on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom