New feature - didja notice? | The Boneyard

New feature - didja notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We had requests for posters to be able to see which threads they'd posted in. On TOB, there was a symbol next to threads in which you'd posted so that you could easily see responses, etc. Well it appears Tom has been tinkering here. IF you have an avatar, you should see it in a smaller size next to the avatar of the person that started the thread. If you don't have an avatar, I guess you're out of luck, though.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
It has always been there the way I see the site! But then I have an avatar...it wasn't hard to do. Perhaps somewhere in some thread someone has given step-by-step instructions how do produce an avatar?

Thanks!

It is really a good thing to have - if you go back to the thread that you've commented upon, you get directly to the new posts!:)

JS

Reaction Score
[quote="AboutWeston, post: 48187"It is really a good thing to have - if you go back to the thread that you've commented upon, you get directly to the new posts!:)[/quote]

I like the "Alerts" at upper right. Use 'em all the time. They let you know to do what you just said if one of those new posts is a comment on your post.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
[quote="AboutWeston, post: 48187"It is really a good thing to have - if you go back to the thread that you've commented upon, you get directly to the new posts!:)

I like the "Alerts" at upper right. Use 'em all the time. They let you know to do what you just said if one of those new posts is a comment on your post.[/quote]

I love the alerts sometimes. At other times I wish I didn't check the response.:)

I love this new site.

Reaction Score
I do not have an avatar, but having just read this blog topic, I did notice a small symbol on the lower right hand corner of the person who initiated the topic that I responsed to. So I guess an avatar is not necessary afterall.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
We had requests for posters to be able to see which threads they'd posted in. On TOB, there was a symbol next to threads in which you'd posted so that you could easily see responses, etc. Well it appears Tom has been tinkering here. IF you have an avatar, you should see it in a smaller size next to the avatar of the person that started the thread. If you don't have an avatar, I guess you're out of luck, though.

I always had that. The new feature I see (past week or so) is ads on the right panel. Cuts down the board area. Not liking that new feature. :mad:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I always had that. The new feature I see (past week or so) is ads on the right panel. Cuts down the board area. Not liking that new feature. :mad:

The server and software aren't free. It's ads or a subscription site.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It has always been there the way I see the site! But then I have an avatar...it wasn't hard to do. Perhaps somewhere in some thread someone has given step-by-step instructions how do produce an avatar?

Thanks!

Those were always there in any thread you posted to.

It is really a good thing to have - if you go back to the thread that you've commented upon, you get directly to the new posts!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom