New Details on Freeman’s Departure | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Details on Freeman’s Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am probably missing something, but I think we’re saying the same thing. I’m not suggesting either is wrong. Freeman went away. Hurley was pissed. They decided parting ways was best for both.
maybe my timeline is wrong, but I didn't think your mention that it contradicts the exit being amicable and planned is necessarily a contradiction. was it implied that it was planned months in advance? what constitutes being "planned and amicable"

it certainly could have been "planned" after this event and amicable because both parties realized it wasn't a good fit.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Fair to speculate on rumors that KFree was showing up late to work, missing days, being an overall unreliable employee now? Not too many quarter million dollar jobs that offer work-life balance. It comes with the territory.

Reaction Score
That was a strange article. The line about practicing on Christmas was thrown in to make Hurley look bad, but does it? The players couldn't go home because of COVID. They couldn't do anything else but sit in their dorm rooms. Might as well practice if they were on campus with nothing else to do.

Was Hurley mad about Kimani and Kevin going to Florida without telling him because of the potential of being exposed to COVID and compromising everyone in the program? I can see that.

Reaction Score
Was Hurley mad about Kimani and Kevin going to Florida without telling him because of the potential of being exposed to COVID and compromising everyone in the program? I can see that.
That was my assumption when I read it. I didn't even consider the recruiting/transfer portal angle that others brought up

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That was my assumption when I read it. I didn't even consider the recruiting/transfer portal angle that others brought up
Season’s over so I doubt it’s covid concerns. Pitching a shutout with transfers, and we don’t even know how many they really went after.

Reaction Score
I don't interpret this article as particularly negative about Hurley. Pretty neutral to slightly positive I would say.

Sounds like Hurley told Freeman he expects more of a commitment and asked him if he was really up for the rigors of this job, and Freeman reflected on it and decided no, he's not. He wants a slower pace and more work-life balance. No hard feelings.

Reaction Score
Season’s over so I doubt it’s covid concerns. Pitching a shutout with transfers, and we don’t even know how many they really went after.
They are still working with the players in their offseason program. If someone got COVID they'd have to shut down again.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I would assume the coaches are still around the players every day with workouts
I would be shocked if the coaching staff wasn’t vaccinated before I was, and I am over 2 weeks since second shot.

Reaction Score
This for me is kind of the argument that we shouldn’t use the coach openings as a jobs program for random former players. There’s a bunch of guys out there slogging away with no prayer of getting a shot at our bench, don’t take it for granted.
Love KFree but didn't like the hire at all at the time but I think it was pretty obvious we couldn't get our guy and Freeman was a fallback, looks like we may be getting our guy now.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
mr freeman apparently has other plans for his and his family's life at this time.
hey kfree! you go gurl!
this guy says that this is the official 'i quit' song. sounds good to me.

Reaction Score
Someone photoshop Freeman and Kimani in the infamous New York Giants boat trip photo.
doesn't someone have a photoshop of warde and susan at a beach in hawaii with leis on? that's where my mind went.

Reaction Score
Like always, every 'clarification' begets more questions in my mind than it answers. If both coaches were together, I assume Hurley was equally displeased with both, but there is never a comment on Kimani, nor why Hurley would have any justification for being displeased in the first place, if they actually were on days off or vacation. No statements have been made that this breached some Hurley rule. There hasn't been an indication that there was bad behavior, nor that assigned tasks were not done. So what justifies or is even the basis of this displeasure? Crickets. In any event, the existence of the episode clearly had more to with changing roles than just Freeman rethinking his situation.

Reaction Score
“Thirty-nine times since late in 2019, Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports has tweeted ‘“Dan Hurley: The Carpenter.”’ Jacobs has certainly been one of the more vocal people about his displeasure of national guys like Rothstein, Zagoria etc getting more access than the local guys. Anyways, this train is moving ahead, future is bright.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Someone photoshop Freeman and Kimani in the infamous New York Giants boat trip photo.
They were drinking margaritas with Warde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom