New Details on Freeman’s Departure | The Boneyard

New Details on Freeman’s Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why are so many people that cover this team such trash?
I mean Jeff sucks but it’s insightful and kinda understandable why Hurley would be pissed. But also read like a trying to get in good graces piece.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My biggest takeaway from this is that Some Guy will take any chance he gets to paint Hurley in a bad light, but we already knew that.

Definitely insightful, but from reading this it’s still unclear what actually happened. I’m not saying that Hurley definitely didn’t want him out, cause maybe he did, I have no idea. We all know that Hurley is stubborn, but we also know he takes care of his own, so I don’t know what to think about any of that.

Anyways, I guess it doesn’t matter, it’s already said and done. Excited to see who the new assistant is going to be.

Reaction Score
I mean Jeff sucks but it’s insightful and kinda understandable why Hurley would be pissed. But also read like a trying to get back in good graces piece
Yea this was insightful. Everything isn’t always going to be sunshine and rainbows. I know Jacobs isn’t the most well liked dude out there but he seems to have legitimate sources on this one.

Reaction Score
You think that was an attempt to get back on Hurley's good side? Reads way more as another hit piece against him
I mean I read it as him trying to cover for Hurley and say he’s loyal and requires hard workers. Idk maybe I read it wrong.

Reaction Score
I mean I read it as him trying to cover for Hurley and say he’s loyal and requires hard workers. Idk maybe I read it wrong.
I thought it read more negatively against Hurley, but honestly, that could be extremely biased because it’s not the first, second, or third offense from this guy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You think that was an attempt to get back on Hurley's good side? Reads way more as another hit piece against him

Definitely has characteristics of an olive branch extended with solidly sourced information with the caveat of use wisely or the spigot gets turned off. Again.

Reaction Score
He definitely had a few comments in there where he'd talk about the loyalty and compliment Hurley, but every time it seemed like he had to follow it up with a dig

Curiouser
Reaction Score
“He practiced on Christmas.”

Nice touch there.

Reaction Score
Definitely has characteristics of an olive branch extended with solidly sourced information with the caveat of use wisely or the spigot gets turned off. Again.
Yeah the info he has seemed solid to my completely unknowing eyes. Just didn't come across as flattering towards Hurley so not sure it would have come from sources on that side

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why would Hurley be pissed ?
I think the suggestion is that they went away without telling him and he probably believes—accurately—that recruiting is a 24/7 job and he is pissed about not getting better action in the transfer portal so far and he let the people under him know it.

This would appear to contradict both the narrative that Freeman’s departure was planned and amicable, and that Hurley does not believe one or more transfers are needed for next year’s team.

Reaction Score
This would appear to contradict both the narrative that Freeman’s departure was planned and amicable, and that Hurley does not believe one or more transfers are needed for next year’s team.
or it can be interpreted as: Freeman was on vacation having a good time down in Florida and when he gets back his boss is pissed at him, and he realizes he doesn't want or need that kind of 24/7 job right now. He tells Hurley he needs more freedom with his schedule at this point in his life and he doesn't want the grind and pressures of coaching, and Hurley says alright that works.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
or it can be interpreted as: Freeman was on vacation having a good time down in Florida and when he gets back his boss is pissed at him, and he realizes he doesn't want or need that kind of 24/7 job right now. He tells Hurley he needs more freedom with his schedule at this point in his life and he doesn't want the grind and pressures of coaching, and Hurley says alright that works.
This for me is kind of the argument that we shouldn’t use the coach openings as a jobs program for random former players. There’s a bunch of guys out there slogging away with no prayer of getting a shot at our bench, don’t take it for granted.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I am probably missing something, but I think we’re saying the same thing. I’m not suggesting either is wrong. Freeman went away. Hurley was pissed. They decided parting ways was best for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom