New! CT Scoreboard Pod with Joe Lunardi | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New! CT Scoreboard Pod with Joe Lunardi

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The way I understand it, if we get a top 4 seed we're guaranteed Albany, correct? Or is it just likely that we get our preferred pod?

Reaction Score
An easier solution I just thought of: no Big 12 team gets a 1 seed (particularly Kansas and Texas who have the best shot at it). 2 and 3 seeds don't collide with 4 and 5 seeds until the Elite Eight so if there are no Big 12 1 seeds, that means all 4 and 5 seeds are unencumbered by conference conflicts of the Big 12. So the easiest is for Kansas to fall off the 1 line. Lunardi has Kansas as his last 1 seed today playing OKST tonight. Says they don't fall off 1 line even if they lose tonight. 3 really tough games coming up for them @ OKST, home v. Baylor, @ TCU.

Reaction Score
An easier solution I just thought of: no Big 12 team gets a 1 seed (particularly Kansas and Texas who have the best shot at it). 2 and 3 seeds don't collide with 4 and 5 seeds until the Elite Eight so if there are no Big 12 1 seeds, that means all 4 and 5 seeds are unencumbered by conference conflicts of the Big 12. So the easiest is for Kansas to fall off the 1 line. Lunardi has Kansas as his last 1 seed today playing OKST tonight. Says they don't fall off 1 line even if they lose tonight. 3 really tough games coming up for them @ OKST, home v. Baylor, @ TCU.

I like that Lunardi has UConn as the highest 4 seed....have a legit shot at a 3 seed if he's right or even a 2 seed if finish strong and win BET.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I like that Lunardi has UConn as the highest 4 seed....have a legit shot at a 3 seed if he's right or even a 2 seed if finish strong and win BET.
If we win out hard pressed not to be a 2 seed. Even say we win out but lose in BE final I would say a 3 seed gun to my head.

Of course depends on how we would win and what other teams do. Maybe a tall ask but doable. A 3 or 2 seed a fair bit easier path to the FF.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So much depends on the games that are left. If they go on a five game winning streak and by some miracle make a run to the final I think they have a legit shot at a 2 seed. If they were a poker player they would have a big range. 2 seed to 7 seed maybe 8 seed if we go 3-2 and then go 1-1 in BE tourney. That is way too many moving parts. Right now one game at a time and hopefully we can pile up some wins.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
And if we finish 5th we are more than like playing Providence in the 4-5 game. So next week against PC will be interesting. I rather have a win against them than rely on the it’s hard to beat a good team three times in the same season theory.

Reaction Score
Go back and listen...Vegas was just thrown out as an example of another Regional besides MSG. The first 2 rounds they try to keep every school as close as possible to home regardless of seeding...hence likelihood of Alabany.
Went back to listen..You were right.. I was wrong in my interpretation.. I learned something.. I thought if we got to Albany and won out..We would automatically proceed to MSG.. Apparently that's not the case.. Based on other variables..

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We will need to win out, win the BET, and have some chaos happen to get a #1 seed and the East Regional.

Any seed 2-7 we’re getting shipped out most likely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom