New Commit: Bryan Cespedes' OT (CT) | The Boneyard

New Commit: Bryan Cespedes' OT (CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New London Football‏@WhalerFootball
Congrats to Whaler OT Brian Cespedes, Brian just verbally committed to play football for the UConn Huskies!

B0KUAeaCMAEVocQ.jpg

Reaction Score
MaxPreps has him as 6'7" and 260 pounds.

Of course, they are not always accurate.

Reaction Score
Watching HUDL Bryan likes to hit and prefers to take out two players on every play. My favorite was the pancake of the DT followed by the squashing of a safety. I don't have any doubt about his size.

Reaction Score
just yesterday, I was thinking we have all of these commits and not one from Connecticut. Its good to see at least one from the home state. Eager to see highlights.

Reaction Score
Moves decent for a tall kid. Does he play hoops as well?

I said before, 265lbs, should be about the max for OT tackles that we recruit. The 300 pounders we bring in at the position don't move well enough. In two years that kid will be 300 lbs and not move much differently than he does now.

Reaction Score
Love his size and motor. He looks like a good athlete and seems to move very well. His stance needs some work. Lord knows we need help at this position desperately. Welcome aboard!!

Reaction Score
Moves decent for a tall kid. Does he play hoops as well?

I said before, 265lbs, should be about the max for OT tackles that we recruit. The 300 pounders we bring in at the position don't move well enough. In two years that kid will be 300 lbs and not move much differently than he does now.
Exactly the type of kid I was talking about on the other thread. Big, athletic, a bit on the light side for a tackle at this point but after a couple of years in the weight room and with the proper diet he can likely carry an extra 30-35 pounds without losing his athleticism. Plus Foley and company will teach him the right techniques from day 1.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Silver had a comment that UConn staff needs to concentrate on coaching up the youngsters on the OL that we currently have on roster, implying OL recruits aren't the cure despite fans wanting to see that. Even though that is true (we can't wait 2-3 years for recruits to save the OL) it's good to see they are bringing in a lineman. Welcome aboard Brian!

Reaction Score
Another big ugly. Two big boys in Chris Lee and Cespedes. I like it. He does move well and can get to the second level blocking down field.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
New London! One of the former places I've called home over the years.

Welcome to... The dog pound!

Reaction Score
**OCD kicking in but any chance a Mod can add this to subject line after new commit above -
Bryan Cespedes' OT (NY) **

Dear Mod - I readily admit that what a dumba-$-$ I am... (NY) should be (CT). Thank you!!!

Reaction Score
Watching HUDL Bryan likes to hit and prefers to take out two players on every play. My favorite was the pancake of the DT followed by the squashing of a safety. I don't have any doubt about his size.
He's young. Balis will put him on a S&C program and he will no doubt get a lot bigger.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Exactly the type of kid I was talking about on the other thread. Big, athletic, a bit on the light side for a tackle at this point but after a couple of years in the weight room and with the proper diet he can likely carry an extra 30-35 pounds without losing his athleticism. Plus Foley and company will teach him the right techniques from day 1.
You believe Foley will be back?
I am not sure, the one hold over and the biggest disappointment is the OL by far this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom