New Commit: Bryan Cespedes' OT (CT) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Commit: Bryan Cespedes' OT (CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My home town! Congrats to Brian.

Great to hear a big local kid committing. Not to turn this into a love fest, but I lived on Bank St for 2 years and fell in love with that place. Miss it to this day, living in Boston.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Ahhhhhh I really don't want to say this but I'm not impressed at all, don't get me wrong, I love his height and the fact that he is always looking for someone to hit but there are many more negatives. technique is awful, he is slow off the snap and was consistently getting beat up field by smaller weaker opponents. Yes it was nice to see him rag doll people but when they're kids half your size it leaves me cautious. Hopefully a red shirt his freshmen yr and TONS of work with position coach and maybe by his Jr yr he will be ready.

Reaction Score
Ahhhhhh I really don't want to say this but I'm not impressed at all, don't get me wrong, I love his height and the fact that he is always looking for someone to hit but there are many more negatives. technique is awful, he is slow off the snap and was consistently getting beat up field by smaller weaker opponents. Yes it was nice to see him rag doll people but when they're kids half your size it leaves me cautious. Hopefully a red shirt his freshmen yr and TONS of work with position coach and maybe by his Jr yr he will be ready.
Ur a really big dick to post this.

Reaction Score

Athletic. Can move. Good feet. How many guys will he run into who are bigger than him? Not many. He will add weight, probably retain his athleticism and be a great OT for the Uconn Huskies.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Ur a really big dick to post this.
And why is that? Cuz I am honest? I just said what I saw, I didn't say he is an POS and should never have even been offered. Actually the contrary I said with a lot of work he would start as a Jr which as an oline men is not a slight at all. I didn't know we had to handle everyone with kid gloves all the time.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Athletic. Can move. Good feet. How many guys will he run into who are bigger than him? Not many. He will add weight, probably retain his athleticism and be a great OT for the Uconn Huskies.
I'm not saying he won't be, I just stated what I saw. his size isn't the issue, it's his quickness off the ball and ability to get into a good blocking position. Yes he can move and he is athletic but his feet are not good, he lumbers and doesn't use his feet to regain the upper hand when beat by a quicker defender. If I had to guess he probably has quit a few holding penalties against more sizeable opponents. But let me say this again, these are all things that can be worked on and I think he will be just fine.

Reaction Score
No doubt he needs work on his technique. He crosses his feet at times. He also plays high. Forget all that. He is agile and runs well. The rest is coaching.

Reaction Score
And why is that? Cuz I am honest? I just said what I saw, I didn't say he is an POS and should never have even been offered. Actually the contrary I said with a lot of work he would start as a Jr which as an oline men is not a slight at all. I didn't know we had to handle everyone with kid gloves all the time.
Damning with faint praise. The young man is 17, just committed to our school and ur first words were "not impressed". He reminds me of a young will Beatty. Starting LT for the New York football giants. Guess I don't understand the motivation to dog him in ur first sentence and then backpedddle thereafter

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ahhhhhh I really don't want to say this but I'm not impressed at all

Normally I would say the time for a negative critique of one of our players is after they've actually played a snap in a game for us. In this case not only has he not played a snap, he hasn't been coached, he hasn't even signed an LOI yet. Right now would probably be a good time to treat a new kid with kid gloves. So Ahhhhhhh not impressed at all with your dumb@ss post.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
Normally I would say the time for a negative critique of one of our players is after they've actually played a snap in a game for us. In this case not only has he not played a snap, he hasn't been coached, he hasn't even signed an LOI yet. Right now would probably be a good time to treat a new kid with kid gloves. So Ahhhhhhh not impressed at all with your dumb@ss post.
Witty

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Hold up....this thread is on page 2 and not ONE person made a mention about him holding an outdated, Block C hat?? I expect more from the BY in regards to complaints about the logo whenever the opportunity presents itself! :p

Welcome Bryan! Glad to see you staying home to help your StateU return to glory! #huskyup

Reaction Score
I'm not saying he won't be, I just stated what I saw. his size isn't the issue, it's his quickness off the ball and ability to get into a good blocking position. Yes he can move and he is athletic but his feet are not good, he lumbers and doesn't use his feet to regain the upper hand when beat by a quicker defender. If I had to guess he probably has quit a few holding penalties against more sizeable opponents. But let me say this again, these are all things that can be worked on and I think he will be just fine.

He has never played football until last year. He is a New London kid who went to school at Grasso Tech in Groton. He has played maybe 15 games of football in his entire life. His HS coach thinks he has an unbelievable high ceiling. It will take a few years.

Reaction Score
He has never played football until last year. He is a New London kid who went to school at Grasso Tech in Groton. He has played maybe 15 games of football in his entire life. His HS coach thinks he has an unbelievable high ceiling. It will take a few years.

Sounds like Donald Thomas to me. Raw. Athletically gifted with the high ceiling to be a great OL.

Reaction Score

Good thing Kevin Ollie didn't blow off Brimah because he wasn't a finished product when he first saw the guy, huh?

Reaction Score

He's a high school player, you knucklehead! If I had to guess I'd say you have a lot of foot-in-mouth penalties.

ZOOCONN

Reaction Score
He is going to be the best offensive linemen to ever walk the uconn campus. Better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom