New Coach | The Boneyard

New Coach

Reaction Score
Jake Petrarca

Recruited Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Maryland.
Was QB coach @ Stonehill the last few years... Getting his feet wet a little more here... I like that he's young and pretty much stays connected to the athletes since his college playing days were over.. AND he's been a schoolteacher... stays connected to more today's youth culture.. We actually need that, along with the football stuff... He's no stranger to recruiting either, even if it was never at this level of football... Tells me that Edsall knows this kid understands the game (playing & coaching)...

Reaction Score
~27 year old Petrarca won't directly recruit and his recruiting coordinator, QB and TE coaching background was on the Div 2, 3, and high school level, but 6 years of direct coaching and on-campus pub management experience potentially may deliver more than a typical grad assistant a year or so out of college. If nothing else, it's time to re-open the Anonymous Pub. ;)

Stonehill football bio

Stonehill pub manager

"Jake (Petrarca) is our Brother Mike's manager, Stonehill's own pub inside The Hill. He oversees an outstanding group of certified student bartenders while organizing and executing engaging programming for our student body at large. Jake is also an Assistant Stonehill Football Coach, as well as their recruiting coordinator. Jake received his Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education/History from Salve Regina University in 2012. Currently, Jake is pursuing a Master's degree from Anna Maria College and resides in Braintree, MA."

Side note: In addition to UConn athletics' very own Football News link, who else totally missed UConn added OC to OL coach Frank Giuffre's responsibilities? Promoted 2/8/19.

Reaction Score
Yeah but if he turns the Jets around like he did UCONN last year, he easily gets a pay raise and has his name start coming up for HC jobs in the NFL

Reaction Score
Yeah but if he turns the Jets around like he did UCONN last year, he easily gets a pay raise and has his name start coming up for HC jobs in the NFL

He isn't going to be turning much around as the TE coach. He has a few more steps before getting HC offers.

Reaction Score
I liked Dunn and was VERY disappointed he left, but the O still had a long way to go. Strip out Pindell’s scrambled and it’s not very good. Again, I liked him and am exhausted by carousel we are operating, but also realistic about results.

Reaction Score

Landing any NFL coaching job is VERY impressive. I'm sorry you are sorry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom