New Chart - Scoring by Percentage | The Boneyard

New Chart - Scoring by Percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
ScoringPct.jpg

Nothing unexpected here - well, maybe if I told you Olander would be the 3rd leading scorer two months ago you would have mocked me.

*edit - made it easier to see*

Reaction Score
I like the chart. Right now its guards 52%, small forwards 13%, and "bigs" 35%.

I suspect that once the sample size gets larger, the production from the 4's and 5's will increase. Even with Boat in the mix, I suspect that production from the guards will drop to somewhere in the 40-45% range, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Reaction Score
I like the chart. Right now its guards 52%, small forwards 13%, and "bigs" 35%.

I suspect that once the sample size gets larger, the production from the 4's and 5's will increase. Even with Boat in the mix, I suspect that production from the guards will drop to somewhere in the 40-45% range, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

So you are considering Scoe a big and not a small forward? I see him more as a wing who can play the four. In that case it would be guards 52%, small forwards 21%, and bigs 25%. I would hope for the bigs to go up 10% and for the guards to go down 10%.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
So you are considering Scoe a big and not a small forward? I see him more as a wing who can play the four. In that case it would be guards 52%, small forwards 21%, and bigs 25%. I would hope for the bigs to go up 10% and for the guards to go down 10%.
It's hard to classify Roscoes points - he obviously plays two different position. Considering his break out game came when Alex and Andre were enjoying the show from the sidelines, I would imagine most of Scoes points are at the 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Champs, I see where you are coming from. I guess I look at Roscoe from a skill set standpoint and don't consider him a "3" since he isn't likely to take someone off the dribble and most of his points come more in a "4" capacity. To me, Daniels and Giffey are more true "3's" than Roscoe, but I do understand how you might classify him as a "3" especially since lots of his starts last year were at that position.

Reaction Score
Champs, I see where you are coming from. I guess I look at Roscoe from a skill set standpoint and don't consider him a "3" since he isn't likely to take someone off the dribble and most of his points come more in a "4" capacity. To me, Daniels and Giffey are more true "3's" than Roscoe, but I do understand how you might classify him as a "3" especially since lots of his starts last year were at that position.

I agree with you that his skill set is suited better for the four spot, but I think he's more of a three if you're basing it on body type. I guess it really depends, as he does seem to play his best ball at the four spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom