New Captains | The Boneyard

New Captains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
KO is speaking at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce. He is quotable as always, check out some of the beat writers for their twitter feeds. He announced Boat and Amida as the captains and is looking for a third.

Ollie on Rodney Purvis: "my Ferrari is out of the garage. I don't know how long we 're going to have him, you know our guys go to the NBA"

Ollie said Boatright and Amida Brimah are captains #UConn

Ollie on Daniel Hamilton: 'He's a pro on and off the court.' #UConn

Ollie on AD Warde Manuel: 'He better not leave us.' #UConn

Ollie said he's still looking for a third captain #UConn

Ollie said Sam Cassell Jr. has an 'old man game' and high IQ like Shabazz.

Ollie: '(Rakim) is a rebounding machine. ... He's going to give us some girth.' #UConn

Reaction Score
William Paxton @wspaxton
Ollie stressed being a leader to Ryan Boatright over the summer ... 'I just him to lead this team and be great.'

William Paxton @wspaxton
Ollie said Hamilton could play the '1 2 or the 3' #UConn

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant
Ollie on repeating "you can do it when your backs against the wall, we're all fighters. But can you do it when you're on top of mountain?"

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant
Ollie said he had Boatright do conference calls with team during the summer. "I want him to be a great listener" #UConn

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant
Kevin Ollie: "Ryan Boatright is going to be an extension of me"

Dom Amore @AmoreCourant
Ollie "we weren't bracket busters, we were barrier breakers"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Interesting. I kind of like it. We'll see how it goes, maybe it'll help the pros when scouting seeing that we have to set up the offense quicker

Reaction Score
Has Uconn ever had a sophomore captain? Off the top of my head I can't think of one.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine Kemba was a captain his soph year as well, its probably happened a bunch of times

Reaction Score
So...throwaway line, or an indication that KO's current thinking is the 4 and 5 slots will belong almost exclusively to Facey, Rock, Nolan and Amida?

I think if that crew is good enough to man those spots exclusively, they will man those spots exclusively. If we are a significantly better team with Hamilton at the 4, then Ollie won't have much of a choice.

Reaction Score
Casell Jr old mans" game and a high IQ........watch out for this guy. I think his scoring potential is going to make him tough to keep on the bench as well as his size.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Casell Jr old mans" game and a high IQ...watch out for this guy. I think his scoring potential is going to make him tough to keep on the bench as well as his size.
As long as he doesn't play like his old man in 2008 with the Celtics. Sam Sr. would take the inbounds pass jog to the elbow of the FT line and shoot without letting the offense set up. Worst part of that team...

Reaction Score
Can't we just cancel the rest of football season and roll out the basketballs now?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Casell Jr old mans" game and a high IQ...watch out for this guy. I think his scoring potential is going to make him tough to keep on the bench as well as his size.

I love guys with old man game. Some of the best/most annoying Pitt guys had that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I see Rock is going to have #14. Too bad not #30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom