New Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Lunardi has Maryland as the 12 seed in ALL CAPS meaning he predicts Maryland will win the AAC. That's a bold prediction if I do say so myself.

ACC, you mean. But yeah, that's gotta just be a mistake on his part.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score

Edited. Who knows if its a mistake? You'd think with Duke, UNC, Cuse, Pitt, VA, etc. That being said, he shouldn't even have Maryland in the field, so maybe the prediction's based on them winning the ACC.

Reaction Score

Lunardi awards the automatic bid to whoever is currently leading the conference, since there is no way to predict who will win the conference tournament. Since Maryland and BC are the only two ACC teams to have played a conference game so far (Maryland beat them), Maryland is technically in first place in the ACC.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Thanks Champs, you are always a source of enlightenment.

pj

Reaction Score
Lunardi awards the automatic bid to whoever is currently leading the conference, since there is no way to predict who will win the conference tournament. Since Maryland and BC are the only two ACC teams to have played a conference game so far (Maryland beat them), Maryland is technically in first place in the ACC.

And the ACC gives full credit for wins over BC?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Zona is talented as hell(seriously Johnson,Hollis-Jefferson,Ashley,tarzewski,Gordon, they're stacked) but I think they lose a shocker in March

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't think they have been anything spectacular, but that's just my opinion. They beat a decent Michigan team at home which was a nice comeback win and they beat Duke, other than that, I really haven't been overly impressed with them. I just think OK St is loaded with talent and is the superior team to those others. I feel many of the hyped teams have been very lackluster this year. Maybe I'm just bias, but I don't think there's a team in the country that we couldn't hang with and that OK St would be the most difficult team to face. I think they have the most potential to be a championship contender compared to all the other teams that were receiving the preseason hype. Again, just my opinion, what do I know, but from what I've watched, they've impressed me more than the schools with the freshman I hear about every single time I turn on ESPN. Not discrediting Arizona as a good team, just don't think they're the best in the nation. Just like MSU shouldn't be #5. I would love to play OK St in the national championship game because I think they're the best team, but I would need excessive doses of valium to calm the nerves, granted I'd feel that way if they were playing Central in the championship game also.

I also think Okie State is primed to win the B12 and present themselves as the most dangerous championship contender. It is worth noting though the loss of Stevie Clarke to suspension hurts that teams depth in the back court. Not sure of his status going forward. Arizona in my opinion won't win the Pac12 and get a #1 seed although to their credit they are off to a great start.

Louisville has the coach and the talent to be a big threat. I think Ville, Okie State, Florida, UConn and Memphis will be the best 5 teams on Selection Sunday. Florida or Memphis will lose tonight but the loser has the talent to be there at the end. J. Pastner is a huge question mark for Memphis though. Ollie is also a big question mark on how he uses his personnel going forward.

UConn can win it all if they get great coaching down the stretch. I think Calhoun wins a National Championship with this team.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
http://bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html

For those who think Lunardi is infallable, read this... (a great site btw)
Very cool site. While it does show that Lunardi isn't perfect, it does show that he's still pretty darn good. His averages are right there at the top, he's been doing this longer than almost everyone else and his variance is very good. So yeah, he's not perfect, but he's pretty good.

Reaction Score
Zona is talented as hell(seriously Johnson,Hollis-Jefferson,Ashley,tarzewski,Gordon, they're stacked) but I think they lose a shocker in March

I agree with you on this. I'm also sick of Arizona/PAC 12 fans always talking about "east coast bias" and how the west gets no respect...

The last national championship won by a team west of Kansas was Arizona in 1997.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom