Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
East 1. Cuse 2. MSU 3. Villanova 4. UK
West: 1. Arizona 2. Duke 3. Florida 4. Kansas
South: 1. Louisville 2. Wisconsin 3. Wichita 4. Baylor
Midwest: 1. Ohio State 2. Oklahoma State 3. UConn 4. UNC

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

The West region is loaded in that projection, I like our bracket.

South looks like a very weak bracket, but the 3 others look tough to me. Cuse is going to give teams fits with zone this year, Zona, Florida and Kansas should be pretty good end of year, UNC is an enigma and Okie St may have the best player.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I guess its nice to discuss bracketology, especially since we were banned last season, and we have a potential high seed.

However, has Lunardi ever come close to the final brackets (matchups and regions) ?

Reaction Score
I guess its nice to discuss bracketology, especially since we were banned last season, and we have a potential high seed.

However, has Lunardi ever come close to the final brackets (matchups and regions) ?
On his final bracket he has a crazy like 99.9% accuracy rate. This includes which teams make it, seeds, and location.

Reaction Score
I know it's senseless to argue over this stuff at this point in the season, but Louisville has done what exactly this season? Have they beaten one tournament team?

Reaction Score
On his final bracket he has a crazy like 99.9% accuracy rate. This includes which teams make it, seeds, and location.

Wha? I know it's easy to get the teams that make it, since almost half are automatic, and 25 or so are no brainers, so every bracketologist is pinning the in or out question on the decisions for 8 or so bubble teams. That's not too hard to get 6 or 7 of them right.

But does he really have that kind of record on location and stuff? 99.9% would mean that he gets like... one wrong every 4 years or something.

Reaction Score
I took his online bracketology class last year. Really good guy and actually knows his stuff.

Reaction Score
As long as we're in, I'm happy! Watching last year was depressing. I don't want to play OK St tho. That is the only school that worries me. I honestly think they're the best team in the nation, besides us of course. KU, Duke, UK, Zona, aren't that impressive after all the hype these freshman have received as if they were going to come in and blow away the competition. I'll take Shabazz's senior leadership over any of those kids any day.

Reaction Score
I know it's senseless to argue over this stuff at this point in the season, but Louisville has done what exactly this season? Have they beaten one tournament team?
Nope. And what exactly has Duke done?

Reaction Score
As long as we're in, I'm happy! Watching last year was depressing. I don't want to play OK St tho. That is the only school that worries me. I honestly think they're the best team in the nation, besides us of course. KU, Duke, UK, Zona, aren't that impressive after all the hype these freshman have received as if they were going to come in and blow away the competition. I'll take Shabazz's senior leadership over any of those kids any day.

Zona hasn't been impressive?

Reaction Score
I haven't been all that impressed with a single team this year. I think UCONN will play any "powerhouse team" close and the huskies have proven they can win close games.

Reaction Score
Zona hasn't been impressive?

Personally, I don't think they have been anything spectacular, but that's just my opinion. They beat a decent Michigan team at home which was a nice comeback win and they beat Duke, other than that, I really haven't been overly impressed with them. I just think OK St is loaded with talent and is the superior team to those others. I feel many of the hyped teams have been very lackluster this year. Maybe I'm just bias, but I don't think there's a team in the country that we couldn't hang with and that OK St would be the most difficult team to face. I think they have the most potential to be a championship contender compared to all the other teams that were receiving the preseason hype. Again, just my opinion, what do I know, but from what I've watched, they've impressed me more than the schools with the freshman I hear about every single time I turn on ESPN. Not discrediting Arizona as a good team, just don't think they're the best in the nation. Just like MSU shouldn't be #5. I would love to play OK St in the national championship game because I think they're the best team, but I would need excessive doses of valium to calm the nerves, granted I'd feel that way if they were playing Central in the championship game also.

Reaction Score
BigErnMcCracken said:
Half the board thinks UConn would make the Eastern Conference Finals.

That's a bit over the top. We could make the semis no problem, but then we'd have either the Heat or the Pacers. We probably wouldn't win those, unless somehow we could get home court advantage. Or there was a key injury to someone like Chalmers or Stevenson.

Reaction Score
A poor shooting night from Bazz or smart ends UConn's and Okie State's dreams, but on the other hand, both these guys can take teams to F4s on their backs.

Kansas and UNC can get it together and play much better in March and be real threats.

I'm less enthusiastic about Kentucky and Duke.

Syracuse and Arizona are the best right now.

The entire B1G will wash out during the tourney.

Watch out for Florida.

Louisville and Memphis need to improve massively.

A team like Baylor, Oregon, Iowa St. might go farther than people predicted early on.

I see one of those 13 teams winning it (didn't include Duke).

If I had to bet, Arizona, Syracuse, Kansas, UNC or Florida would be the 5, with none of them favored over the other. All have weaknesses. Cold outside shooting and typical Cuse choke coupled with zone getting abused sends the Orange home. Guards might hurt UNC and Kansas. Lack of scoring dooms Florida as Patric Young returns to form.

Reaction Score
A poor shooting night from Bazz or smart ends UConn's and Okie State's dreams, but on the other hand, both these guys can take teams to F4s on their backs.

Kansas and UNC can get it together and play much better in March and be real threats.

I'm less enthusiastic about Kentucky and Duke.

Syracuse and Arizona are the best right now.

The entire B1G will wash out during the tourney.

Watch out for Florida.

Louisville and Memphis need to improve massively.

A team like Baylor, Oregon, Iowa St. might go farther than people predicted early on.

I see one of those 13 teams winning it (didn't include Duke).

If I had to bet, Arizona, Syracuse, Kansas, UNC or Florida would be the 5, with none of them favored over the other. All have weaknesses. Cold outside shooting and typical Cuse choke coupled with zone getting abused sends the Orange home. Guards might hurt UNC and Kansas. Lack of scoring dooms Florida as Patric Young returns to form.

Agreed however I think if Smart goes cold it doesn't kill them. Nash, Forte, Williams and Brown are all pretty solid as well and all averaging over 10 pts a game. I think Florida is going to be great, Duke and Kentucky I agree aren't worth the hype and will get bumped out and I feel Kansas will too. Wouldn't mind a UConn, Zona, OK St and Florida Final 4.

Reaction Score
Assessing Lunardi's accuracy is like assessing an umpire's ability to call balls and strikes.

An umpire might blow 6 ball/strike calls in a game. There are 300 pitches thrown in a game, so do you marvel at his 98% success rate? Not really. 130 of those pitches are swung at. 70 of them are obvious balls. 70 are obvious strikes. There are maybe 30 borderline pitches, and he's incorrect on 20% of them.

Lunardi's predictions are the same way. There are 64 68 teams in the field, but 32 of those are auto bids who are either in anyway or are low majors we don't care about, and of the remaining 36, maybe the last 4 teams are on the bubble (with usually a fair clear pecking order among the ~12 teams vying for those spots). A moderately-informed fan could get 67/68 teams correct.

Reaction Score
Would absolutely sign for this and a trip to Orlando in March sounds nice

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Coming up with the actual brackets, as opposed to predicting seeds, is impossible. It's a total crapshoot. No one gets the match ups right

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score
Anyone notice that Lunardi has Maryland as the 12 seed in ALL CAPS meaning he predicts Maryland will win the ACC. That's a bold prediction if I do say so myself.

What scares me the most in the Tournament is a team with quality, back-to-the basket bigs. I'm not worried about stretch players or even big players. Patrick Young exposed how weak we are in the middle. A dominant big is our worst matchup nightmare. The good news is, there aren't a lot of teams with truly dominant bigs. Case in point, Roscoe leads the NCAA in rebounding.

End of the day, our shooting and offensive balance should scare the out of anyone who has to play against us.

My NCAA tournament fantasy, however, is an Elite 8 win against Syracuse in the East Regional at MSG to go on to the final four. If I get that, I'll count 2014 a success no matter what else happens this season.

Final four prediction - UCONN, UNC, Ohio St., OK State

Elite 8 includes Syracuse, Baylor, Florida, Michigan St.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22