New Article this morning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Article this morning

Reaction Score
Half serious comment on Martin.. If he could get more explosion/lift after collecting an offensive rebound.. And simply dunk in traffic--It would do wonders for him/his confidence. Saw him dunking in transition but rarely around the hoop and in traffic. Works hard on the boards for his size but seemed like he didn't have "live" legs on his short range misses.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1622820961441.png

I look forward to seeing these guys develop. They have a chance to do special things.

Reaction Score
Polley is a poor ball handler and Martin can function as a guard. Martin shot 44% overall last year. Polley shot 41%. Polley is better from 3pt range of course. But can't create his own shot, and has shown minimal ability to drive to the rim. The difference in D and rebounding is bigger than the shooting difference in my opinion. But we will see how it plays out.
Such an odd situation. Part of me just hopes the 5th year guys don't get in the way. Of the 3, Whaley by a mile.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Martin is a comparable shooter to Polley, as Polley is a comparable rebounder to Martin
Comparable like a dollar and a nickel, right?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good Saturday watch

There are people who were saying Polley is a comparable ball handler to Martin. That’s just absolutely nuts.

Reaction Score
But that's not the discussion, the discussion is who's a better shooter. Martin is a better all around player and one of the most important players that can raise the ceiling of this team next year. That doesn't make him a better shooter because he had a slightly higher FG%
I would never argue that Martin is the Shooter that Polley is or perhaps can be. I think if Polley properly utilizes his talents and works hard he can become a truly elite shooter. That said, I was responding to a comment that mentioned both shooting and rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom