New Article, MSU down to Two | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Article, MSU down to Two

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe you could get McCallie to step down and let Gail come back!

As Thomas Wolfe wrote... You cant go home again

Agreed. I also think Louisville loses some money due to their mens basketball team not competiting in the tournament this year. We don't have as much invested in our men's team so I don't think we have as much losses.

You're assuming college football plays in the fall.

Reaction Score
I wonder what decision Hailey Van Lith will make if waltz leave.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
You're assuming college football plays in the fall.

I'd take my chances on that (the virus going down) than to miss out on an opportunity to hire Walz.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't they have to pay for it? UL isn't about to eat the cost. Walz isn't gonna pay his own buyout.

We'll just use the money Texas is giving us to buy out Vic's contract. Just sign the back of the check over to UL.

Reaction Score

There is an open spot at MSU. If our players thought Coach Schaefer was cut throat then they haven’t seen anything yet if Coach Walz is hired.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
There is an open spot at MSU. If our players thought Coach Schaefer was cut throat then they haven’t seen anything yet if Coach Walz is hired.

Sometimes a player follows a coach, but I don't think Mississippi St. was ever remotely on her radar during the whole recruiting process. Not to mention just up thread is a tweet indicating it's going to be McCray, not Walz.

Reaction Score
Sometimes a player follows a coach, but I don't think Mississippi St. was ever remotely on her radar during the whole recruiting process. Not to mention just up thread is a tweet indicating it's going to be McCray, not Walz.
I was joking but Hailey Van Lith played on the 3x3 with R Jackson and M Hayes. Oddly enough the fourth member is now at Louisville: O Cochran.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who would you rather have if you were a Louisville fan.... McCray or Heard-Clark?
I don't really know. They seem very comparable. Michelle Clark-Heard has more head coaching experience, but both have achieved a similar level of success at their current school. McCray seems to have more buzz at the moment. ODU was a bubble team this year, whereas Cincinnati was just slightly out of the bubble picture.

Personally I think I give the edge to MCH. She is a Louisville native, and her experience at Western Kentucky is significant.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
There was a provision in the old transfer rules that if the coach left before July? incoming freshman could also transfer and be immediately eligible.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't really know. They seem very comparable. Michelle Clark-Heard has more head coaching experience, but both have achieved a similar level of success at their current school. McCray seems to have more buzz at the moment. ODU was a bubble team this year, whereas Cincinnati was just slightly out of the bubble picture.

Personally I think I give the edge to MCH. She is a Louisville native, and her experience at Western Kentucky is significant.
Also, She played at Western Kentucky under Paul Sanderford and Jeff Coached at Western Kentucky starting in 1996 with Sanderford and moved with him to Nebraska before he went to Minnesota for a year and then Maryland with Brenda Friese. So in the Women's College Basketball world, we can have the 6 degrees of separation of Jeff Walz...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I don’t know why. I think it’s just my gut, but I feel like McCray would be better for us. I know Walz is a great coach/recruiter, but our program (like all programs) has a culture that I think matches with McCray better. She has been so impressive the more I’ve read/watched about her. I’m not going to be disappointed if it’s Walz (who would be?), but McCray is my choice.

Reaction Score
I like the caveat.
I hope it’s true. I heard from someone close to the program that Walz was all but a done deal, but McCray blew her interview away. I mean, either will be great. I just am pulling for Nikki.

Reaction Score
I believe Nikki will be the next coach at MSU.

She was the most obvious candidate since the beginning. Walz was always a big stretch. I don’t fault MSU for trying. I respect they are going all out to continue to field a top women’s program, What will be interesting is what players stay or go after they hire McCray.

Reaction Score
She was the most obvious candidate since the beginning. Walz was always a big stretch. I don’t fault MSU for trying. I respect they are going all out to continue to field a top women’s program, What will be interesting is what players stay or go after they hire McCray.
I would be very happy with Coach McCray. I could see her keeping most if not all the remaining players.

Reaction Score
I would be very happy with Coach McCray. I could see her keeping most if not all the remaining players.
I feel like she gives us the best chance to keep Rikea and get Madison Hayes (signee) on campus, since she coached them in 3x3 last summer. I know that had to be a huge factor for Cohen pulling the trigger on her. Sydney Cooks, AEH, Yemiah Morris, and Myah Taylor are staying for sure. I think Mingo-Young will stay. She’s very close to Myah Taylor and she’s not that far from home. I also think we may have been her highest profile offer out of high school. Jessica has been very quiet—-she is very very close to Johnnie Harris. I don’t know what she’ll do. I don’t know what Matharu will do, but she has a good head on her shoulders. I think she’ll wait to meet the new coach and then decide.

Reaction Score
As a fan who wants the ACC to be as strong as possible... it would be crushing if Walz left. :oops:

:rolleyes:

Who would you rather have if you were a Louisville fan.... McCray or Heard-Clark?

Glad Jeff decided to stay at Louisville, I would have missed the post game handshake line between Jeff and Muffet. :rolleyes: ...providing post COVID-19 handshakes will still be in place.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I feel like she gives us the best chance to keep Rikea and get Madison Hayes (signee) on campus, since she coached them in 3x3 last summer. I know that had to be a huge factor for Cohen pulling the trigger on her. Sydney Cooks, AEH, Yemiah Morris, and Myah Taylor are staying for sure. I think Mingo-Young will stay. She’s very close to Myah Taylor and she’s not that far from home. I also think we may have been her highest profile offer out of high school. Jessica has been very quiet—-she is very very close to Johnnie Harris. I don’t know what she’ll do. I don’t know what Matharu will do, but she has a good head on her shoulders. I think she’ll wait to meet the new coach and then decide.

Losing just one player is not good for the health of our program. Maybe we can afford a loss of someone a bit more minor, but losing ANYONE major due to this coaching change is a high cause for concern.

Reaction Score
Apparently the NCAA is debating a one-time transfer in May which means ANY player could transfer without restrictions. Free agency in college sports. Yaaaay (Sarcasm intended).

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Apparently the NCAA is debating a one-time transfer in May which means ANY player could transfer without restrictions. Free agency in college sports. Yaaaay (Sarcasm intended).
If I may ask, where did you see this?

Reaction Score
If I may ask, where did you see this?

It was here on this message board. A Texas fan posted it. Can't remember exactly what thread it was in.

Edited: Southie posted it in the 2020 Transfers thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom